My new baby is on the way!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I couldn't hold out any longer! My new Oly C-5050 will be shipped tomorrow or Wed. so there's a chance it will be here Friday. Cross your fingers for me! I still have to find a PT-015 housing but I need to time to learn the camera anyway.

The favorite C-4040 will now be my backup. I suppose Beast could use it and we could sell his C-3040/PT-10...decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the nudge....you know who you are!! :wink:

Congratulations Dee !!!! you're going to love it !!!!!!

Let the games begin !!! Look out fish!!!

:wavey:

Dee:

Enjoy it! Mine is my first U/W camera and it's a really nice outfit.

Before I do my next trip to La Paz at the end of Sept. I'm actually going to read the instruction manual. I think it has something to do with being a Mac user :)

Dee,
I read all of your posts and consider them to be a tutorial for underwater photography. I could definitely use your input for my 5050. I'm just starting out with it.

Regarding the PT-015: EVERY SINGLE SELLER in North America appears to be "back-ordered". Even one of the highly touted sellers on Scubaboard couldn't even send it to me (or at least didn't have the courtesy to respond to my email). I eventually turned to Japan, and I'll forward the info if it works out. The guy was the most friendly and accomodating Ebayer I have ever met.

Look forward to your new pictures.

I've spent several hours shopping the various sites for a PT-15. All the places less than $200 was backordered. I bought the camera from New Egg and they are expecting some PT-15's in on the 11th so I got on their call list. If that falls through, I'll head to eBay.

What I'm more concerned about is finding a Fisheye Tray. I got my current one from Underwater Digital but apparently he's out of business. I can't find them anywhere else. I've looked at every website I can think of.

Anyone got any idea where I can look? Here's a picture of what I'm hunting for...

newfetraysupport.jpg

Hope you like the C5050. I finally located a local dealer that has a decent price as well (not as good as the US but not too bad). Since there is room to haggle a bit here, I am sending in a big gun to do a dirty work for me (since I am really terrible with it),hopefully I will get the camera in the next few days as well.

Dee once bubbled...
I've spent several hours shopping the various sites for a PT-15. All the places less than $200 was backordered. I bought the camera from New Egg and they are expecting some PT-15's in on the 11th so I got on their call list. If that falls through, I'll head to eBay.

What I'm more concerned about is finding a Fisheye Tray. I got my current one from Underwater Digital but apparently he's out of business. I can't find them anywhere else. I've looked at every website I can think of.

Anyone got any idea where I can look? Here's a picture of what I'm hunting for...

Dee, you can check at this site for tray:
http://www.uwdigitalcamera.com/English/euwdigitalindex.htm

That's exactly what you're looking for (same pictures). You can also find PT-015 at the same place. I think PT-015 is something around $160.

I hope we'll soon see the results of your new setup.

MonkSeal

the tips and tricks thread should double :wink: .

i am really curios to see how the tray works out. i was considering that too (until i got my ears bent by my wife who said i don't need more toys :( )

suggest the black tray for that cool, tech look :D

Alas this was to be my new baby this year..... but I got a different kind of "baby" instead :D

Looking forward to seeing your excellent pics with your new baby.

Dee,
As I said elsewhere

Yikes!!! What???

I guess you held out as long as you could. I think you'll enjoy the added features of "My Mode" and programming the Custom button to operate My Mode.

BTW Allan seems to be still selling on eBay and as you may recall I got my pt-015 from Quin Faris (in Japan) before anyone else was selling them on eBay. He was very responsive.

TedJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom