My Monkey is Sick!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSam

Sister of Shenanigans
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I brought a new 21 HID Light Monkey recently and used it for 5 - 6 quarry dives without any issues. This past weekend when I fired it up, the bulb stayed on for five seconds and went dark. I left it on even though it was not working and finished the dive. Back at the hotel that night, I charged it but got the same outcome at the quarry the next day. When I got home, I charged it again, turn it on, light stayed on for five seconds and went dark again.

Today I called Light Monkey, Corey answered and I explained what happened this weekend. Informed him that I was headed to Cozumel on a 6AM flight out of NYC Thursday morning and wanted to use the light for my Cavern class. He asked a few questions then I asked if he had any suggestions or fixes that I could try remotely or troubleshoot with him on the phone.
...yeah, Ms. Mechanical-Challenged poking around with electrical wires...can you tell I was desperate?

Imagine my surprise when Corey said he would overnight a new lid and slug to my office by 3PM tomorrow. He did not believe the problem was with the battery pack so I hope he is correct. His instructions were to send back the lid and slug I had in my possession before I leave for Mexico. Corey told me to have a great class, have a great time in Mexico and get in touch with him when I returned from Mexico. I hope it is in fact the lid and slug, and not the battery, either way I'm secured in the knowledge that Light Monkey stands behind their product.

Unbelievably accommodating and outstanding customer service. I'm more than impressed with Corey and Light Monkey. Just wanted to share a happy light story. :yeahbaby:

Somehow I imagined this being about a totally different subject.

Good to hear your Monkey is getting taken care of Sam. :D

Hearing about customer service success is boring, tell us more about your pet monkey.

Almost sounds like same problem I had few weeks agi it turned out to be a bad ballast

Glad to hear about the service you received on your light Sam, let us know if it fixed the issue.

But I was also expecting to hear about the Monkey.

"Why do you have a pet monkey?"

"It's an animal that looks like a dude. Why don't I have 10 of them?"

I've always found Corey's service to be excellent. He really takes care of his customers. Have a fun trip!

Answers/schmaners....customer service yadayadayada

I heard those DNYerz were some sick monkeys...I expected this to be like a 12step meeting..."my name is_____ and I'm a sick monkey"...

I am mechnically challenged/inept/spazoid and this stuff stresses me out too Sam. So glad to hear you got helped. All kidding aside thanks for posting. That's an A+ recommendation as I've got can light envy and my current budget only allows window shopping.
Have an aewsome trip.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I've been very happy with LM service as well. Hope it fixed your problem....and more importantly, have a GREAT time in your cavern class!

:rofl3: Y'all are funny.

Thanks for the well wishes for my class. I hope Monkey will make the trip with me.

Promise to let y'all know if Corey's solution fixes Monkey. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom