My Lifeline shows nothing on the screen…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nautilus Lifeline

Registered
Reaction score
This may indicate one of two things: either your Lifeline is low on charge, or the unit requires firmware installation. Both are easily resolved; instructions detailed below.

1. If your unit is low on charge when it is received, it is possible that nothing will display on the screen until it is initially connected to your computer. Once connected to a power source, a low charge unit will display “Charging xx%”. At this point, we suggest that you leave the unit connected until the Green light is extinguished.

Important: Disregard the indicated charge percentage for the first connection of your unit. Your unit is not fully charged until the green light has extinguished.

2. If the unit is connected to a power source and the screen does not turn on, this is an indication that firmware needs to be installed on the unit. Ensure that the unit is connected to a Windows PC, and that the Desktop Software is running (software available from www.nautiluslifeline.com). Once a Lifeline with no firmware is connected, you should get a prompt to update and repair the firmware.

Note: We recommend that you connect your Lifeline to a Windows PC with the Nautilus Lifeline Desktop Software running. This will allow you to update and register your Lifeline with all of the latest functionality.

Safe diving!
The Nautilus Lifeline team.

Reactions: Jax
After upgrading firmware, my nautilus will not turn on unless plugged in to a power source. It was working okay when I received it.

Hello ScubaSteve, thanks for posting here and thank you for including the Lifeline with your gear.

I have a couple of suggestions which may help in your case. First of all, ensure that your Lifeline is fully charged - regard step 1 above. Alternatively, please try a firmware repair using the software. Here's a step-by-step on how to accomplish a Firmware Repair:

1. Ensure that your Lifeline is connected to your computer with the software running
2. Please click on the 'Advanced' tab
3. Please click on the 'Configuration' tab
4. Please click on 'Repair or Update Firmware'

This will remove the current firmware and reload it, and will likely resolve the issue. If you have further questions, or the situation persists, please let us know here and we can help you through possible solutions.

Sincerely,

The Nautilus Lifeline Team

That did not help, I tried setting it to default settings and repair update firmware. I can do self test as long as it's plugged into a power supply, and it also show's charging and when fully charged. the Nautilus App shows all software up to date.

Last edited:
Does the light extinguish when the Lifeline has finished charging? The light is the be-all-end-all indication of a full charge. Once extinguished, the Lifeline is no longer charging and is ready to go.

What I would try is the following:

1. Run through the above steps to accomplish a firmware repair, but unplug the Lifeline from your computer as soon as the unit's screen goes blank. This will erase the current firmware.
2. While still disconnected, close all windows of the Lifeline software on your computer.
3. Restart your Lifeline software
4. Connect your Lifeline to your computer
5. It should prompt one of two things: Either your "A Lifeline has been found with no Firmware..." (click yes to this prompt), or the Lifeline will show up as a removable disk. If it shows up as a removable disk, please go into 'My Computer' 'C:// Drive' 'Program Files (x86)' 'Nautilus Lifeline' and find a file called 'lifeline-0.64.s19'. Copy this file into your Lifeline's removable disk.

This should resolve the issue. Please let us know if this continues.

The Nautilus Lifeline Team

I followed the steps and everything went as outlined. It still doesn't power up. The green light goes out when it says charged. When I started charging it stated 56% and went to full charge.

---------- Post Merged at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:57 PM ----------

I followed the steps and everything went as outlined. It still doesn't power up. The green light goes out when it says charged. When I started charging it stated 56% and went to full charge.

---------- Post Merged at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:57 PM ----------

I'm having a similar problem, except when I try and repair the firmware, a box pops up saying that it's already updated.

Obviously the program for windows and firmware have both been updated since this post.

How does one re-install the firmware for the 0.76 version firmware and latest windows software?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom