My lesson about brain overload

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
Yeah, unlikely though it is at such a shallow depth, this really sounds like a dark narc to me -- at least, it sounds like MY dark narcs. The obsessive conviction that something irrational (and bad) is about to happen, and the spiralling anxiety because of it, are really familiar. Good job of controlling your breathing and staying in control. Having just gone through my own little pre-panic experience, I know how much discipline that took.

Thanks, I have alot of respect for you and your opinion. Since people can't predict when these things happen, it does present an interesting challenge for those with more highly strung nerves. As it was the first few minutes before the dive last night were sitting in the car with no noise and focusing my thoughts and trying to get my hands around the fact that since it was first time I had EVER had such an experience that it won't be likely it will happen again.

So for fun last night we went to Harper Dock in Kitsap and played with buoyancy in 17-30' of water and watched nudis. Never seen so many in such a small area. It was 8pm and kinda getting dark, but such a relaxing experience. No stress kinda diving, lots of playing with hovering and making notes about weighting and placement.

Back
Top Bottom