My friend the hammerhead that I met in Cocos last week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't crop much, just a little off of the left side to get rid of some distracting fish. He was pretty close. The noise is probably due to the high ISO, I think I was shooting 400 or 600 because we were pretty deep, around 90 feet, but I have to check the data which I can't do now since the original is on my home computer. I've noticed that when I crank up the ISO, I do get a lot of noise with my Oly. I was trying to get a shot last night of a spider wrapping up a caterpillar in its web, and I had to crank up the ISO since the flash blew out the photo and the things were on the floor of my kitchen in a corner where there isn't much light.

I tried reducing the noise in photoshop but it didn't help much. Any other suggestions?

Boo, I thought it was a thread about me.

Have some hammerheads from Galapagos by way of an apology :D

093.jpg

Lovely shot, FairyB!
Thanks. Absolutely majestic, the schooling hammers. I have a couple of shots of schools. We only saw them once where they were shallower than we were. The other skill never saw them at all. I consider myself blessed. When I was in Galapagos last year, I never saw schools like that. And only 1 baby whale shark. I guess I have to go back. :wink:

Great work - must have been an awesome experience !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom