My first UW shots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deep_ocean

Reaction score
Mind you , the vis was terrible.
All in all I'm pleasantly surprised with the camera's performance (it's Canon A40). The light measuring was OK, so was focus. I 'auto-leveled' the pics in Photoshop.

I did pre-pack the camera in the housing a couple of hours ahead and slipped in two silica gel packs - no fogging whatsoever.

Any suggestions and comments are more than welcome.

The pics can be seen at:

www.photoisland.com

login: deep_ocean
password: canucks

On the left hand side cllick on Kirkfield dive folder.

Nice pics. In the last picture, I'm pretty sure that's a Longear Sunfish or a Redear Perch instead of another bass. We have them here in our local lake, too.

I liked #s 2 and 8. 8 had a creepy ghost-ship feel. I bet if you make it black and white it would have even more of that feel. I liked that big old bass. I can't wait to go back home and get in some of the farm ponds and see whats in there.

Thanks Dee. I appreciate the time you took to have a look.

What filters etc. in Photoshop you use? As mentioned, I only used auto level function, which seems to be working fine, but sometimes seems to go too far (i.e. the bass portrait - too grainy and colours seem oversaturated).

Thanks again.

I liked those the best too.
My buddy, was going a bit too fast for me (great buddy though) so I didn't have enough time to go around and shoot some more.

I really appreciate the time you guys are taking. I've seen Dee's pictures and I think it's safe to say that there's much more to look at there :wink:

Back
Top Bottom