My First Photos Using Canon G10 with Canon Housing and Ikelite DS-51 Substrobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

qwest30

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey All- I just got back from the Florida Keys and wanted to share some UW Pics that I took with the Canon G10 and it's Canon Housing along with an Ikelite DS-51 substrobe. No other adapters were used. I was quite impressed with the quality of images this camera produced.

~Jonas

SB_001.jpg

SB_002.jpg

SB_003.jpg

SB_004.jpg

SB_005.jpg

Nice pic.
Which setting did you use(f no/shutter speed)?
Your file not include exif info.

Thanks to everyone for the comments.

I shot all on manual mode and was very impressed at the ease of changing all the settings "on the fly."

Here's the info on the images:

Flamingo Tongue: 1/160 @ f/5 (iso 100)
Goby: 1/400 @ F/8 (iso 100)
Crab: 1/200 @ f/4.5 (iso 100)
Christmas Tree Worm: 1/320 @ f/5 (iso 100)
Scorpion Fish: 1/125 @ F/8 (iso 100)

I love the crab shot and I really dont see them that often down here

Very nice work Jonas. I am heading to Bonaire tomorrow with my G10 and you have set the bar really high. Maybe we'll cross paths some day, we are from the same neck of the woods. I dive out of Smith Diving for the most part.

Very nice work Jonas. I am heading to Bonaire tomorrow with my G10 and you have set the bar really high. Maybe we'll cross paths some day, we are from the same neck of the woods. I dive out of Smith Diving for the most part.

I wish I was heading to Bonaire, damn I'm jealous. Are you using a strobe with your set-up?

I'm in Saint Louis Park now, so much closer to your neck of the woods. If you ever need a dive buddy, let me know.

Good luck and have safe diving!

~Jonas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom