My first Underwater videos - GoPro Hero HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the bacteria on your skin/gloves can be highly infectious to marine life. In the case of the turtle it could cause a infection which it would be unable to fight which could lead to its death.

the bacteria on your skin/gloves can be highly infectious to marine life. In the case of the turtle it could cause a infection which it would be unable to fight which could lead to its death.

I hope this is a joke. I quit tucking my kids into bed at night because I am afraid they may catch my germs. :idk:
If you are that worried about the ocean than you should really avoid paying fossil fuel burning boats out to the dive sites that pollute like crazy.

what happens when you come into contact with bacteria you are not familiar with? oh yes you get sick! your body will try to fight the infection and try create immunity to that particular bacteria ... why would it be any different for a animal. they have never been introduced to whats on your hands before. i am not saying if you touch something underwater its going to kill it, but why risk causing harm because you want to stroke it like a domestic animal, probably better off with a dog they will give you all the attention you crave. you dont need to touch anything.

very true.. i just dont think we have the right to expose marine animals to conditions they will never be subject to. the argument there is allready a ton of pollution in the sea is just arrogant and narrow minded.

Nice vid but I hope that crunching sound wasent the reef!

The crackling sound comes from the marinelife, it is from the coral, the shrimp, the crabs and so much more.
The ocean is full of life and much of it speaks to us through snaps, crackles and pops.
Much like the cereal after you've poured milk on it.

I've been on a boating forum where they thought that the sound was coming from the fiberglass hull and paint.
Silly boaters, they really need to get out of their yachts a little more often and into the water.

Are you using the standard housing and lense that came with the GoPro?

I am using the standard GoPro housing with a replacement lens from goforfocus.com. It seems to be working well so far although I haven't yet tried the red filter that came with it.

Before I go wasting a ton of time experimenting, I received an email from a reader of my reviews of the GoPro, Eye of Mine and Contour cams as to how to view his footage directly on his home T.V. Here is his question. Do any of you have a response?

"ON the HDTV port to component I get full screen high def video but no sound, even when plugging in the stereo jack in the bottom port. When I use the lower port (red, white, and yellow) I get picture and sound, but the picture doesn't fill the TV screen."

For the GoPro I use Mpeg Streamclip to transcode the footage before bringing it into FCP and then I can view and hear the footage via my MXO2 box which allows me to CC on an external monitor. I doubt if this reader has an in/out box. He is using an iMac and FCP.

Any suggestions that I can pass on for him?
Thanks,
Steve

Back
Top Bottom