My first trip to the Flower Garden's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcain1

Contributor
Reaction score
Well I went to the Flower Gardens for the first time. I have to say the whole trip was awesome. I went on the Spree and I don’t think I could say a bad thing about anything! My wife and I did all 7 dives and I really think that we logged the most bottom time (5hours total).
While diving one of the oilrigs we got a treat. A 40 to 50 foot whale shark graced us with its presents. It sure makes you feel small! Hell everything in the ocean is big but this was HUGE! We also saw the usual inhabitants of the Flower Gardens but the whale shark was by far the best.

I could go on for hours about the crew but I will leave it at, “they were great”!
If you have never been, GO!
If you have been, GO AGAIN!

I just thought I would share.

You dirty, slimy, icky, filthy, lucky dog. I am making my fourth trip this comming weekend, and I have never seen a whale shark. Mantas, Eagle rays, yes... but no whale sharks (yet).

Capt Frank, Melanie, et al. are all good people.

TwoBit

Congrats! Puts it all into perspective, doesn't it? :wink:

It was a great week for the trip. I was on the same trip, but on the Fling - although I think we had some of our divers show up on your boat once :wink:

Do you rememer what rig you were at ? We went to HI-A376A and were diving at 1:20pm and we didn't see anothing unusual there.

I'd go back out there in a minute with our crew. They were great to work with and made sure everyone was doing what they were supposed to.

-Frank

Do you rememer what rig you were at ? We went to HI-A376A and were diving at 1:20pm and we didn't see anothing unusual there.

If he was on the Spree, then more than likely they went to HI-389.

Hey TwoBit, you on the Spree or the Fling this weekend. I am working one of them, they just havn't decided which yet. I will either be on the Fling with Andy or the Spree with Tricia.

See my trip report from July 1-2 in this same area. I have also included a link to the videos that I took for that trip.

Looking forward to seeing you again TwoBit.

I am pretty well attached to the Spree, so I'll always do my best to stay loyal to that boat.

I enjoy Capt Frank and Melanie.

See you down there.

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom