My first seaturtle pics :) plus extras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decorator turtle... this guys old...
nice fish tucked inside the coral

It's not so hard to find crabs making more crabs around here - that turtle is another story! Maybe I'll get to see one some day?

SeaYoda:
It's not so hard to find crabs making more crabs around here - that turtle is another story! Maybe I'll get to see one some day?

I still can't believe you never saw the turtle that frequented your backyard divesite! The little guy was around regularly, I spotted him on 2 or 3 dives, but never up close. He called the Destin Jetties home apparently, cause he never strayed too far away - till Ivan took him wherever.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Turtle swam right up to us, it was very curious. Below 3 pics taken right off the beach at Alabama Point Jetties.

Nice pics.

As for that turtle - wow - he is in drastic need of a cleaning station.

--Mike

The week we were down, a loggerhead laid her eggs real close to the house we were in in Ft. Morgan. Beach turtle patrol said that was nest #9 for the year. There were 130 eggs in the nest.

Nice pics Matt.

TwoBit

WOW! Poor thing, barnecals on its neck and head. Great picture!

Also in the bottom picture, what critter is that to the back right, at about 2 o'clock?

TwoBitTxn:
The week we were down, a loggerhead laid her eggs real close to the house we were in in Ft. Morgan. Beach turtle patrol said that was nest #9 for the year. There were 130 eggs in the nest.

Nice pics Matt.

TwoBit

Way cool!

justleesa:
Also in the bottom picture, what critter is that to the back right, at about 2 o'clock?

Its another blenny, they cover the wrecks around here and hide in the barnacle shells.

Where were you when you took those pics? I cant say that i have ever seen a turtle with that much algae on his shell and that many barnacles on his body,so i would also say that the turtle is an older one, good shots wish there was someone around for the preservation of the turtles to help that one out a little...Denise

Back
Top Bottom