my first post is a question - where to dive in July?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello there Coolsis, looks like your questions have been answered thus far, so let me just say 'Welcome to the family here at Scubasource' glad to have you aboard!

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

Hello everyone!

Yes Greg, that's Bombay, India (although it's officially Mumbai, no one ever calls it that except non- Bombayites) and if your'e ever in this part of the world, well, you know who to call (or is it whom!?)

Put two sisters together and of course everything changes last minute, so now as it turns out we are diving in December instead (Lakshadweep or Maldives, close to home when my sis comes to visit) and going on safari in August for a week - Serengeti Seronera Sopa Lodge - cool name huh?

But there's always Bonaire in summer 2002!

Another question - what is the rescue course like and how experienced do you have to be to do it (not in terms of number of dives but how proficient in the water should you be)

Now I keep wondering what all of you look like!

Wonder no more, check out this link to see what brave members amongst us look like!

Hi Sis,

The rescue course is the most physically demanding course I have taken and by far the most useful/rewarding. In my opinion, you must be very comfortable with your equipment and abilities as well as having good bouyancy skills before jumping into this course. If yours is like mine, you WILL have your mask pulled off, be climbed upon and darn near drowned by the person you are susposed to be rescuing. My instructor tried his best to inflict real world problems on us. A course that is well worth taking and IMHO, the one that all divers should take.

I agree, Herman - that is one of the courses I am most interested in as I'm sure it will be invaluable some day. It'll be a few more dives yet before I do it though!

Coolsis - Safari in the Serengeti, eh? Lucky you. It's stunning over there - hope you see lots of wild things!

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom