My first Frogfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubanomad

Contributor
Reaction score
Found and shot in St. Lucia at the Fairyland Pinnacle Dive site, diving with Scuba Steve (thanks to Al and crew). Shot with the Canon G12 and Sea&Sea YS-01 strobe
DPP_0111 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
thanks. Wished more ppl would have commented. :)

I love it! I'm no expert though. Did you want criticism? Feedback-style, that is?

Very cute. Doesn't look like any I recall in pictures before. I don't see a lure on it, either. Wonder what species?

Richard.

Some critique:Get closerGet slightly under the subjectConsider the 'rule of thirds'Get aggressive with cropping the clutter from the surrounding- sponges in left corner for eg.

I envy you getting to see a frogfish. +1 on the other critiques as to cropping. I think I'd crop out the overexposed coral in the upper left. Also, what photo editing program are you using? Just my 2cents, I'm an amateur still learning.

I'm an amateur still learning.
I'm with him. But IMO if you're looking for
critique... everything in the picture is pretty bright so the fish doesn't stand out enough.. and can't see much detail in the fish itself.

Perhaps too bright on the flash? Or like others have said get closer.

the way I would shoot is maybe first shot would be like something above, then get closer and lower for the next shot, then lower and closer again...this way, if whatever was there swims off, I have gotten a good closeup of the critter. If I am close enough, then additional shots are of different camera or strobe positions.

When I show the shots I took to my friend, it is usually a quick slideshow of all pictures straight out of my camera. They all are wondering why there is a 6th or 7th picture of the same thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom