My first dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lukiedukie

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I do not know what to put in here outside of I had a blast!!!!!. It was nice to see you, Texass and Truckdiver

First dive was overcast with high winds. We were using the top of the plane as a platform for the whole weekend. After our briefing, we got to get wet for the first time. I will say the water was kind of shocking at first. On our snorkle trip out to the marker, we got to see our first look at our future attackers. We did some drills, then got to deflate our bcds in buddy team and drop under for the first time. I was really comfortable on the way down and equalized my ears when needed. At around ten feet, I got horizontal and could see the plane. Dropped down and did some more drills, mask clearing, oral inflation of the bcd, out of air drills, then we got to go play. My leader took me and my buddy through the plane and we got to see lots of fish beds and lots of bass and sunfish, as well as a few catfish. One of the instructor's assistants, I guess was not paying attention to her depth and stirred up the silt and algae so we went from 15-20 feet visiblity to around 3-4 feet.

Dive two, I had some issues with my weight integrated system. After doing some more drills, out of air with a controlled ascent, breathing off buddy spare reg. I am not sure how it happened, but somehow I lost 9lbs of my 18lbs. I was struggling to try and stay down with my buddy and a not-so-attentive assistant. After around 3 minutes of fighting it, I gave up and slowly floated to the surface. After a couple of minutes, they surfaced to see what was the matter. After a couple of minutes we figured out that somewhere down there was my weight pocket and some rented lead. I was lucky they found it and off we went again. By this time, my buddy was out of air and headed back to the dock. I was told to stay with my leader and finish out the fun tour. The problem was that with all the up and down in my attempt to stay with my group, I developed a reverse block in my left sinus. I still finished out the dive without pain. We were finished for the day. I noticed that I had a slight bloody nose. I got to see Truckdiver and we discussed hooking up on Sunday dependent on weather.

That evening, we had a blast with a cookout and campfire. The wind was still up and a few tents had been blown down, but we had steaks and potatoes and hot links. While all this was on the fire, another diver from the scubatoys group came down and said he had a lot of food and his group split and left him so he was curious if we wanted any free food. I have never seen so many grown men break into a run at the same time. It looked like the start of the Boston marathon. After a huge meal and a lot of bs-ing, we all went to bed. Some of us were lucky enough to not have the storm blow our tents down in the middle of the night. In the morning, we had all sorts of fun with people who slept in. Three of the guys slept in their cars because of the storm. When they went to get out of their cars, they could not open the car doors. It must have been a hell of a storm because somehow a few tie-downs had locked two people in their cars and another had a tarp and six bungee cords holding it on the car. We all do not know how that happened :wink:

The next dive went uneventfully. Everything worked out fine. One of the instructor's assistants was getting attacked by the perch and I will swear on a stack of bibles that I do not know how the choclate bar got into his bcd pocket. On the fourth dive, I lost my weights again, but this time I saw it happen. The weather was horrible Sunday morning and we got a late start.
The fourth dive, I had another sinus issue and was ordered out of the water. Apparently the sight of a bloody mask was making some peoples' stomachs a little queasy. As we are breaking camp, I saw Truck pulling up and went out to greet him. I was whipped and needed to get home so I told him next time. After a long drive home, it was time to clean up and get to bed.

I do not know what the water temp was, but if anyone does, please let me know. I would like to add it to my log book. I am hoping Firegoddess wants to post a dive report but I will leave that in her hands.

Lukiedukie:
I do not know what to put in here outside of I had a blast!!!!!. It was nice to see you, Texass and Truckdiver

First dive was overcast with high winds. We were using the top of the plane as a platform for the whole weekend. After our briefing, we got to get wet for the first time. I will say the water was kind of shocking at first. On our snorkle trip out to the marker, we got to see our first look at our future attackers. We did some drills, then got to deflate our bcds in buddy team and drop under for the first time. I was really comfortable on the way down and equalized my ears when needed. At around ten feet, I got horizontal and could see the plane. Dropped down and did some more drills, mask clearing, oral inflation of the bcd, out of air drills, then we got to go play. My leader took me and my buddy through the plane and we got to see lots of fish beds and lots of bass and sunfish, as well as a few catfish. One of the instructor's assistants, I guess was not paying attention to her depth and stirred up the silt and algae so we went from 15-20 feet visiblity to around 3-4 feet.

Dive two, I had some issues with my weight integrated system. After doing some more drills, out of air with a controlled ascent, breathing off buddy spare reg. I am not sure how it happened, but somehow I lost 9lbs of my 18lbs. I was struggling to try and stay down with my buddy and a not-so-attentive assistant. After around 3 minutes of fighting it, I gave up and slowly floated to the surface. After a couple of minutes, they surfaced to see what was the matter. After a couple of minutes we figured out that somewhere down there was my weight pocket and some rented lead. I was lucky they found it and off we went again. By this time, my buddy was out of air and headed back to the dock. I was told to stay with my leader and finish out the fun tour. The problem was that with all the up and down in my attempt to stay with my group, I developed a reverse block in my left sinus. I still finished out the dive without pain. We were finished for the day. I noticed that I had a slight bloody nose. I got to see Truckdiver and we discussed hooking up on Sunday dependent on weather.

That evening, we had a blast with a cookout and campfire. The wind was still up and a few tents had been blown down, but we had steaks and potatoes and hot links. While all this was on the fire, another diver from the scubatoys group came down and said he had a lot of food and his group split and left him so he was curious if we wanted any free food. I have never seen so many grown men break into a run at the same time. It looked like the start of the Boston marathon. After a huge meal and a lot of bs-ing, we all went to bed. Some of us were lucky enough to not have the storm blow our tents down in the middle of the night. In the morning, we had all sorts of fun with people who slept in. Three of the guys slept in their cars because of the storm. When they went to get out of their cars, they could not open the car doors. It must have been a hell of a storm because somehow a few tie-downs had locked two people in their cars and another had a tarp and six bungee cords holding it on the car. We all do not know how that happened :wink:

The next dive went uneventfully. Everything worked out fine. One of the instructor's assistants was getting attacked by the perch and I will swear on a stack of bibles that I do not know how the choclate bar got into his bcd pocket. On the fourth dive, I lost my weights again, but this time I saw it happen. The weather was horrible Sunday morning and we got a late start.
The fourth dive, I had another sinus issue and was ordered out of the water. Apparently the sight of a bloody mask was making some peoples' stomachs a little queasy. As we are breaking camp, I saw Truck pulling up and went out to greet him. I was whipped and needed to get home so I told him next time. After a long drive home, it was time to clean up and get to bed.

I do not know what the water temp was, but if anyone does, please let me know. I would like to add it to my log book. I am hoping Firegoddess wants to post a dive report but I will leave that in her hands.

Congratulations, honey. I'm very happy for you.

Good report, Lukie, but... I feel kinda incomplete here. How did the fiery red one like the diving at CSSP??? No beanie required?

;o)
Foo

Foo:
Good report, Lukie, but... I feel kinda incomplete here. How did the fiery red one like the diving at CSSP??? No beanie required?

;o)
Foo

The fiery one had her flames frozen out. She looked kind of like those popsicles with the blue on the bottom and the red tip on top... :wink:

Lukiedukie:
I do not know what the water temp was, but if anyone does, please let me know. I would like to add it to my log book.
Lukiedukie, I logged the temp as 68 degrees down to about 28 feet. It was cooler than that deeper, but I didn't stay below long enough for my computer to adjust.

Great first report, Lukie! :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom