my first cruise soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

horsemen

Contributor
Reaction score
dont want to double post but not sure wear i should post

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=3067687#post3067687

need some advice on my first cruise dont know what to expect so any info on that is helpful
the link goes to the to stops we are making in Mexico i was asking what to do at the stops.
will be taking a carnival cruise never been before and dont know what to expect so some of you vets out their give me some pointers on what to expect.

oo and what items that you forgot that you wish you had with you.....
the dates are sept 15-20

horsemen:
what a site to see water temp avgs for sept in that area

Good that you asked what the water temps would be. That is a much better question that "how thick of a wetsuit will I need" ?

But... Mexico has two coasts, both frequented by cruise ships. The answer to your question would be different depending on which side you were cruising.

BTW- you got some good advice previously and so far.

its the west coast ill be visiting
i live out side la and i know the water is cold hear just dont know who much warmer the water is down south lol

I would take my Regulator. You never know how long it has been since they have serviced there's. That is your life support. You also never know if someone may have up chucked in their Reg and put it back on the shelf...

Take regs if you want, but if you use DIN make sure to take a yoke adaptor. You'll also want your own mask and fins, and perhaps your wetsuit When I went on a cruise, I took everything with me but tanks. There ended up being no real point, all it meant was I got to haul tonnes of weight with me. Everyone else on the cattle boat used the gear on the boat, and were laughing and chatting all the way back to the cruise ship, while I was cursing and sweating carrying a BC, regs, mask, fins, snorkel, wetsuit and weights back in a crappy duffle bag. The least I coul dhave done is gotten myself a better bag :)

So yeah, MFS, wetsuit and regs. (booties if your fins are open heel)

Ensenada is kinda a dump... enjoy the day by the ships pool. Don't bother with a shore excursion, you can catch the shuttle right outside of the dock for like $2 if you have the need to go into town.

Bring some extra $1 bills for tipping. Maybe a stick it pad to leave notes for your cabin steward.

You'll love it!

wkowalski:
Ensenada is kinda a dump... enjoy the day by the ships pool. Don't bother with a shore excursion, you can catch the shuttle right outside of the dock for like $2 if you have the need to go into town.

Bring some extra $1 bills for tipping. Maybe a stick it pad to leave notes for your cabin steward.

You'll love it!

ya the day we are at Ensenada is our 5 yr anniversary so not sure what we will do that day.....

Perfect day for both of you to book a massage in the spa!!! There is plently to do on the ships... you won't be bored!

Back
Top Bottom