My First CenoteXperience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

looking forward to diving dreamgates with you this weekend. nicolas, i will call your cell when i get to akumal. see you then.

Looking forward to meet you this saturday.
Cheers.

I just returned from the PDC area after having had the privilege of diving cenotes with Nicolas of CenoteXperience. Nicolas was a true professional - I cannot recommend him enough. Both Nicolas and his brother Martin (who was my guide for some ocean dives out of PDC) were personable, professional and knowledgeable. Thank you Nico and Martin for some of the best dives I've ever had!

Cheers!

Booked with Nicolas CenoteXperience for May 2011 as a bookend dive trip to Cozumel with my dive buddy Craig66. This will be my first trip to Coz and diving the Cenotes, can't wait. Will be diving Angelita and two other cenotes tbd ? Gran Cenote and Calavera or possibly Dos Ojos depending on time restraints.

Well, it's not like Nicolas need more praise, but yes, he is a really great guy, not only to dive with, but also to spend time with. My husband and I both wanted to experience cenotes, so we decided to book 2 days of 3 cenotes dives. Nicolas was very punctual and came to pick us up at the hotel for the first dive of the day: Angelita.

We were a little apprehensive, having never done any cenote/cavern diving, but Nicolas put us at ease right away. I'm not going to repeat what everyone has said about this dive, but the atmosphere is truly mysterious and surreal...

The rest of the day was spent between Gran Cenote and Cenote Manatee. I'm glad I could experience all these different environments and I must admit that I had always wanted to see what was going on underneath the mangroves...

Day two: The Pit, Dos Ojos barbie line and Dos Ojos Bat Cave

The pit: Nicolas had warned us to get a good night of sleep, and a big dinner the night before, and he was right! I pushed back my limits, and jumped the 5 meters cliff. Of course I never thought about getting out! Oh well, after my husband had to jump back in because I didn't know how to climb my way out, I did some crazy rock climbing and got out :D It was an amazing dive, but I think 3 dives when doing the pit is a little much.

Dos Ojos, both Barbie Line and Bat Cave had great formations of stalactites, stalagmites and columns, but we felt it was little crowded after having been the only ones diving in the pit that morning. It was really cool in the middle of the second dive to go in that air pocket where we can breath and talk...

In short: We had a Blast!
Ariane & Ben

Back
Top Bottom