My Filipino holidays

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everybody.:)

Y really had a great time in PI this summer, and I have to thank you all for your good advices about the place, the dives and the resorts.:D

Answering some questions, my camera is a very small one, compact one:

Olympus C-770Uz, case PT-022, Macro lens Olympus PTMC-01 and Flash Sea and Sea YS-110.

That is all folks!:wink:

The strange fish of the pictures is a kind of scorpion leafe fish, latin name Ablabis Macracantus (sorry, don´t know the english name). I found it in a seagrass area at 5 meters deep in Dauin.

Enjoy these pictures and I will hang some more in a few days. I promess ...:blinking:

Chromi, amigo, muchos gracias para tu el fotografias. I apologize for my broken Spanish. It was nice, though, to be able to put two years worth of college-level Spanish classes into some use once in a while.

Your pictures are very nice! I agree that they are superbly composed and muy magnifico. For a Point and Shoot (PnS) cameras, your 4Meg Oly C770 does a great job. Any problems with the well known Olympus shutter lag? If yes, what do you do to compensate for this problem?

Also, I am curious... how in the world were you able to take off from work or school(?) for almost 1.5 to 2 months. I have heard of some European countries whose industrial and government sectors close down during summer (for around two months). Is this also true in Spain? Or, is this vacation something special you just planned?

Phil (bisugo767)

Thanks everybody.:)

Y really had a great time in PI this summer, and I have to thank you all for your good advices about the place, the dives and the resorts.:D

Answering some questions, my camera is a very small one, compact one:

Olympus C-770Uz, case PT-022, Macro lens Olympus PTMC-01 and Flash Sea and Sea YS-110.

That is all folks!:wink:

The strange fish of the pictures is a kind of scorpion leafe fish, latin name Ablabis Macracantus (sorry, don´t know the english name). I found it in a seagrass area at 5 meters deep in Dauin.

Enjoy these pictures and I will hang some more in a few days. I promess ...:blinking:

glad you enjoyed your stay in the PI, chromi. I'll be waiting for those pics.

Great pix ... glad to see such nice results with a underwater camera setup that costs less than the plane ticket to paradise.

Hi Bisugo767,
to tell you the truth, it is imposiible to fight with the shuter delay in compact cameras, Olympus or any other brand., so fast fishes are not usually my targets. Just if I have time to follow their movements or to stay quiet in the bottom and wait till they come around me.

So, my only solution is pacience....and sometimes shouting :shakehead:

And about my holidays, I have 33 days that I can spent all together, which is perfect for this trips. As I work for a university, there not many business here in summer as there is no classes (studets holidays) and I don´t have many problems to go out, by but many services of the university keep opened, as most of the country.

:D

Chromi, amigo, muchos gracias para tu el fotografias. I apologize for my broken Spanish. It was nice, though, to be able to put two years worth of college-level Spanish classes into some use once in a while.

Your pictures are very nice! I agree that they are superbly composed and muy magnifico. For a Point and Shoot (PnS) cameras, your 4Meg Oly C770 does a great job. Any problems with the well known Olympus shutter lag? If yes, what do you do to compensate for this problem?

Also, I am curious... how in the world were you able to take off from work or school(?) for almost 1.5 to 2 months. I have heard of some European countries whose industrial and government sectors close down during summer (for around two months). Is this also true in Spain? Or, is this vacation something special you just planned?

Phil (bisugo767)

Chromi, Thanks for your opinion and response concerning shutter lag. I guess you just have to live with this thing and learn to shoot with it. My guess was right, you do work for an educational institution. Anyway, I am glad you had a fun time in the Philippines! I grew up in Manila but I have yet to have a fun time scuba diving over there. Planning something for early 2009, a three month long vacation. I hope it comes true.

Phil (bisugo767)

Hi Bisugo767,
to tell you the truth, it is imposiible to fight with the shuter delay in compact cameras, Olympus or any other brand., so fast fishes are not usually my targets. Just if I have time to follow their movements or to stay quiet in the bottom and wait till they come around me.

So, my only solution is pacience....and sometimes shouting :shakehead:

And about my holidays, I have 33 days that I can spent all together, which is perfect for this trips. As I work for a university, there not many business here in summer as there is no classes (studets holidays) and I don´t have many problems to go out, by but many services of the university keep opened, as most of the country.

:D

right Bisugo, I do not know how it is the english expression, but in spanish we say something like:" if you cannot win your enemy, join him". That´s what I do with shutter lag:D

I am sure you will love Filipino diving and if you can hace your holidays in the dry season, then you can experience places I was not able in August.

But I am planning to come back.......i need more days in Cabilao written in log book:wink:

right Bisugo, I do not know how it is the english expression, but in spanish we say something like:" if you cannot win your enemy, join him". That´s what I do with shutter lag:D

I am sure you will love Filipino diving and if you can hace your holidays in the dry season, then you can experience places I was not able in August.

But I am planning to come back.......i need more days in Cabilao written in log book:wink:
no hes "mierda que no mata engorda"??? jajajajajajajaja!

Jag

jajajajajajajajajajaja!

Well I am fluent in neither Spanish nor any of the Philippine dialects so I'll simply use my nature tongue to say "wonderful images." Congratulations. Makes me want to catch the next flight there and film with my HD camcorder.

Back
Top Bottom