My experience; there is a vast difference in teaching methods between SDI OWC training facilities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to avoid confusion, there are drysuits with attached dry hoods, but they are rarely used for recreational diving and are primarily made for diving in contaminated water. DUI and Viking for example.

They can be an option for divers with perforated ear drums or special concerns for outer ear infections.

Yep I know that. However the OP is confused enough already, I wasn’t about to add to it.

Hollis HD 200 is a great BCD. Why not put a weight pouch at the rear of the cylinder strap instead of all the weight in the front pockets. Take a crush proof snorkel just in case. Don't over inflate the wing.

Not much to add since everything seems to have been answered already. I'm glad that you're happy with your new instructor. Don't get discouraged, new gear/new diver can take some adjustment. Once you get some dives in to figure it out, you may find you like the back inflate. It's a natural progression for many divers to transition to back inflate or backplate/wing.

@Jim Lapenta How do you know??? Oops, already answered. :rofl3:

(snip)
I know, I wrote the manual/course and have the materials on hand as well.
(snip)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom