My Drysuit is on its way!!

Have you named your Drysuit?

• Yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Yes (but I'm too embarassed to tell anyone what it is)

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kpauley

Registered
Reaction score
I am joining the ranks of Drysuit Divers here in the Puget sound. I ordered a drysuit this weekend and I'm waiting for it to come in. Patiently.....
They said about 4 weeks, three days ago.
I will not be impatient, I will not be impatient, I will not be impatient

Is it too early to decide on a name for my Drysuit?

Do drysuits ever get done early? It could happen , right?

Well, while I'm waiting (patiently) I thought I would poll to see how many divers have named their drysuits.

:blbounce:

I ordered a custom DUI. The Rep was at a sale and talked me into a CLX450 top with a CF200 bottom. He called it a CLX 50/50 (I think) Originally I was looking at the TLS350SE because it was less expensive but I just kept going back to the nicer ones and finally broke down and spent the money.

and it took over a year to come in :rolleyes: Had some problem with a patent on the material, that's what caused the delay. It was almost another year before I had time to take the class to use it. A name? I've got a few names for it but none can be printed on a family board :wink: If you've never used a dry suit don't get discouraged if it takes a LONG time to get the hang of it. I have about 12 dives on mine now (post-training) and I still hate it but we're starting to get along a little better. Diving with people more familiar with dry suit use has helped me find possible solutions for my problems and the board is a huge help too. Good luck with your new purchase!
Ber :bunny:

BR

reading your post is taking me back to my first Drysuit dives. I can feel your pain, i recall those dives so well because they were so frustrating. its funny now to look back on it, but it sure takes some practice to get proficent.

I was red in the face with anger walking back to my car some days. I does all pay off eventually. I would quit diving if i had to give up my drysuit.

Andy

I learned by diving mine, no class taken.

What makes it so difficult? Here in Seattle it seems most people dive in drysuits. Everytime I have been to Alki or Emunds the drysuits easily outnumber the wetsuits. I've been renting wetsuits since the OW class because I was guessing I would just go straight to a drysuit (after saving up the money, of course). I think there are even some LDS that offer drysuits as part of the OW class if you want to do it that way.

So far I can see that there is a divide between people who say that you should never use your drysuit for bouyancy and only use your BC and others that say you should'nt use you BC for bouyancy except for at the surface. I'm not sure what the differences are yet and I'm hoping that class will clear some of this up.

Right now I'm just hanging out waiting for it to come in! Is it a problem to go diving in the rain?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom