My doubles are here!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
UPS just dropped off my doubles at my mother-in-laws:D . She called and told me they had arrived. She said what's that? My new tanks I said! What's wrong with your old ones?:huh:(I've got 6 more-4 72's and 2 E-7 80's) Seriously! Some people do not understand. She asked me how much they would weigh when set up. About 100 lbs I told her:11: .She looked shocked and said you are going to go into the water with 100 lbs on your back?:huh: More actually I told her:14: after plate, harness, regs, reels, etc. She then proceeded to tell me about hearing on the news about the guy who died "AFTER" a dive on the Andrea Doria:( . I guess it made the news. I'd already read about it on here. The look on her face was enough to tell me that now was not the time to tell her that the Doria is one of the dives I plan to eventually make:wink: . She said on the Doria I added the "after". Anyway they did need hydro but before I dropped em off I took em to the shop and did a quick vis. Pristine:D ! Details: PST lp95's original dates 1&4/97. Thermo manifold DIN/Yoke(smooth as silk on all knobs but I'm going to tear it down and reinspect,lube,replace o-rings, etc anyway), 2" Highland Mills Bands. Price: Hold on to something 200 bucks plus shipping.:11: :D :11: :14: Total 265.00. I'm going to send him more just because he was so good to me on this deal. Pays to dive alone on vacation and meet new people. My BPW from DSS should be here any day now also!:D

Good luck getting to the Doria. I got my set of doubles last year with the same intention of working towards diving on her. My wife doesn't understand at all. She claims that she will divorce me if I do it, that it is way to dangerous. Then she sees a TV show on the Texas Tower and says I should dive that. Go figure. Anyway, I am still a couple of years off, but plan on doing it.

nice!

i'm seriously considering upgrading from my LP85's (back issues) ... maybe to
a set of 104's ... anyway... congratz on the new tanks

Thanks guys. My fiance has no problem with me doing any of the dives I'd like to do. Except for antartica. I want to dive under the ice. She says it's too cold. Can't get her on an Alaskan cruise either for the same reasons. As for the 95's I'm still debating whether to O2 clean them when they get back from hydro so that even if I'm just using air I won't have to do it when I decide to start tech training later this year and start using nitrox or trimix in em. I guess it really doesn't matter since I work for a shop and can get them done at cost. I may even use them as singles for awhile until I actually start the tech stuff. They'd be real nice on our annual St. Lawrence trip over Labor Day.
Andy, If you decide to upgrade and get rid of your 85's hope you will give us here on SB a heads up.

Oyster Diver:
Good luck getting to the Doria. I got my set of doubles last year with the same intention of working towards diving on her. My wife doesn't understand at all. She claims that she will divorce me if I do it, that it is way to dangerous. Then she sees a TV show on the Texas Tower and says I should dive that. Go figure. Anyway, I am still a couple of years off, but plan on doing it.

It is a dangerous dive granted. But then again without proper planning and training every dive could be considered dangerous:11: . Maybe you should not tell her that.
I know tell her she'll get a new set of fine Italian china out of it:D . BTW welcome to the board. Fill out your profile so we can get to know you better.

Too funny, when I first started dating my wife on our first "real" date, I told her all the things I did which included among other things, high altitude mountaineering. I basically said this is what I do and that well if it bothered her then we probably should not date. It seems to be working out ;-).

JimLap:
Thanks guys. My fiance has no problem with me doing any of the dives I'd like to do. Except for antartica. I want to dive under the ice. She says it's too cold. Can't get her on an Alaskan cruise either for the same reasons. As for the 95's I'm still debating whether to O2 clean them when they get back from hydro so that even if I'm just using air I won't have to do it when I decide to start tech training later this year and start using nitrox or trimix in em. I guess it really doesn't matter since I work for a shop and can get them done at cost. I may even use them as singles for awhile until I actually start the tech stuff. They'd be real nice on our annual St. Lawrence trip over Labor Day.
Andy, If you decide to upgrade and get rid of your 85's hope you will give us here on SB a heads up.

Sounds like you have a pile o new gear to get familiar with, always fun.

Regarding O2 cleaning your tanks. I'd only do it if I had an easy source for Mod E air, otherwise you'll do it over and over and over.....

Tobin

All we pump is mod E nitrox compatible air.:D And yeah alot to play with. BTW my new rigs got here this afternoon:D :14: . I almost called off work to start on them.:11: But decided against it since I'm going to be sick on friday while I'm driving out to portage quarry in ohio for the DAN bbq on saturday and sunday:wink: . I also think I'm going to dive the 95's as singles for a month or so till I finish DM. Then I can concentrate on setting the doubles up. Maybe at that time I'll O2 clean em since they'll be apart anyway. It will also get me used to the new rig. Don't think it would be wise to put my BPW together and jump in with doubles before I've even dove it with singles:wink: . Esp since haven't dove one before. God I want to though:D but everything I've done so far has been tempered with patience (for the most part) and I'm a better diver for it. My instructor will argue the patience thing (especially when it comes to buying new gear)but will not deny my skills.:D

Back
Top Bottom