My DIR assimilation has begun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparkySFD

Reaction score
Received my new Halcyon Eclipse MC System. Im stoked.

Also got my long hose, SPG and spring heel straps. Just need a backup reg, wrist compass, roll of cave line, roll of bungie and some SS clips. Then Im pretty well set, gear wise.

Foaming at the mouth to take a DIR-F class. Big bummer for me is I have to travel to Florida to take one. No instructors even remotely close (Missouri). Will have to wait till I can afford a dive trip. Till then will purchase the books and study them. Will just have to try to figure those fin kicks by trial and error. I think I will lay down on the floor and video tape myself and try to critique myself.

I got the harness pretty well fitted....... I think. I dont know if its me or what. But I have the backplate about the same place Ive seen in the pictures in the manual. But I have a hard time reaching the top of the plate. Probably a large part of it is my needing to strech those muscles in the first place. But if I tighten those straps anymore to raise the plate on my back, it gets really uncomfortable. Any insights on this?

I must add this. All the Halcyon products I received today are of such, high quality workmanship, words do not do it justice. Top shelf stuff. There may be as good out there, but I doubt you could find better.

d33ps1x

Im sorry youve had to wait so long. I live in the SW corner of Missouri. Had to call the dealer in St. Louis (3 1/2 hours away). Called last week, got it today. He originally told me they were backordered 2 weeks, then when I called in an additional order, he had just gotten a surprise shipment. Hope you get yours soon.

I havent taken the wing apart yet. Gotta go to work tomorrow. When everything in the firehouse calms down, in the evening I plan to take it apart and familiarize myself with it.

The inflator is SOLID. Makes you wonder why anyone would do it differently. Im getting spoiled now. Everything else is now gonna look and feel like cheap crap.

Well be sure to let you know how it goes. Now I have to find some of that all precious commodity.........TIME.......to go diving. Been away from the house hunting the Whitetail and the wife is getting hot. Its just sinful having new gear and just getting to look at it. There should be a law that you have to go check it out within 10 days.:)

gettin' wet at the Y ? since it's new gear, wouldn't be a bad idea to get things squared away so your longer trips start out right when you hit water Vs tweaking/adjusting the fit, bouyance, trim, etc.

ahhh, missouri. in the old days i made many a trip there. i even know where cape girardeau is, though that's south east mo.

SparkySFD once bubbled...
Received my new Halcyon Eclipse MC System. Im stoked.

Also got my long hose, SPG and spring heel straps. Just need a backup reg, wrist compass, roll of cave line, roll of bungie and some SS clips. Then Im pretty well set, gear wise.
Cool! I have the Pioneer 27lbs wing for singles and a Explorer 55lbs wing for doubles. No problems with either. To bad they didn't make the Eclipse when I bought mine.
Foaming at the mouth to take a DIR-F class. Big bummer for me is I have to travel to Florida to take one. No instructors even remotely close (Missouri). Will have to wait till I can afford a dive trip. Till then will purchase the books and study them. Will just have to try to figure those fin kicks by trial and error. I think I will lay down on the floor and video tape myself and try to critique myself.
Keep practicing on your own and by the time you can take the DIR-F class, you will be well prepared.
I got the harness pretty well fitted....... I think. I dont know if its me or what. But I have the backplate about the same place Ive seen in the pictures in the manual. But I have a hard time reaching the top of the plate. Probably a large part of it is my needing to strech those muscles in the first place. But if I tighten those straps anymore to raise the plate on my back, it gets really uncomfortable. Any insights on this?
Make sure the harness is not too tight. You should be able to slip 2 or 3 fingers underneath the shoulder harness when you have it on. You should be able to just grab the top of the plate from behind. Chest d-rings should be at about collar bone level.
I must add this. All the Halcyon products I received today are of such, high quality workmanship, words do not do it justice. Top shelf stuff. There may be as good out there, but I doubt you could find better.
Agreed. Halcyon makes the best wings around as far as I'm concerned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom