My dear crabs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasurf1990

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
hello there my crabs, i have missed diving with all of you, but school has been calling and i have been visiting colleges. It is official, this fall i will be attending UC Berkeley and i am sad to say that i could not find a diving club in the area! i am writing to you, my crabs, to seek help. if anyone knows divers in the berkeley or san fransisco area or any dive clubs or shops, please let me know! i can imagine going off to college and not diving as frequently as i do now! I am hoping to start a dive club when i get up there, but i need ur help! thank you- gabi

I lived up there with all the hippie tree hugging homeless begging can you spare some change vagrants... With that said good luck with the diving up there you will be missed!

You'll most likely need to dive dry if you don't already.

John

Oh come on it dont get that cold up there not any colder then washington water. she can dive wet just make sure ya have plenty of hot water and hand warmers. :)

Oh come on it dont get that cold up there not any colder then washington water. she can dive wet just make sure ya have plenty of hot water and hand warmers. :)

Don't listen to her, she dives with a dry suite and complains that her hands get cold. :rofl3:

We miss you too Gaby, hopefully you can dive with us this summer before going off to the hippies. Just no more stabbing Nick with your spear.

I lived up there with all the hippie tree hugging homeless begging can you spare some change vagrants... With that said good luck with the diving up there you will be missed!

so tell us how you really feel about the natives?

Gabi, we will miss you!

Alot of the colleges have scuba clubs. Hopefully they will have one. If not, maybe a Beach Crab North Chapter?:wink:

You have to come out and dive with us, a few times before you go.

Rick

so tell us how you really feel about the natives?

I guess its not that bad up there just not my thing and I was far from happy there... It is a beautiful school and a great school I am sure you will enjoy every minute.

You will have to dive with us a few more times before you leave us!

I wish you the best of luck up there

I lived up there with all the hippie tree hugging homeless begging can you spare some change vagrants

Hmm NOW I know why ya always got that speargun...

"Hey buddy can you spare some change?"
m16.gif

Nick

There are a few clubs, and a good place to start is Chuck Tribolet's excellent web resource for NorCal divers: Internet Resources for the Bay Area Diver

Basically, you've got two options for diving: Monterey and the North Coast. I'm sure you've heard something about Monterey already, and there are vibrant diving communities around both these areas. If you haven't already, check out the NorCal forum. We've got regulars who dive every week, month, etc., and we're pretty friendly, even to crabs :D

Welcome to the bay area, you're gonna love diving. If you have any questions about dive shops or sites, just let us know.

Oh yeah, and Go Bears!

Back
Top Bottom