My Dad attacked by shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boy, that is one tough way to get some air time! Seriously, glad to hear he's doing okay. Incredible story. Seems like the attacks are up lately. We've had several on the Texas coast the past few weeks - along with some killer whale sightings even! Wonder if there really is a rise or if it's just being reported more this time around.

Look on the bright side. Most of us would kill to get close to a shark, and here he had a shark interactive experience!

He'll have a tale to tell the rest of his life, and I don't even have a stupid t-shirt.

Please relay my family's thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. I'm glad to hear that the injuries weren't worse than they were.

-Grier

Thought you might like to know that your Dad has made the papers over here in England. Today's Daily Mail, under the heading "I blame myself, says shark victim", has the following report:

A swimmer who suffered horrific injuries in a shark attack said last night it was all his own fault.
James Tiffee, 47, of St. Petersburg, Florida, had four hours of surgery after the shark tore a square foot of flesh from his back and bit his butocks, hand and face.
Speaking from a hospital intensive care unit, he said he blamed himself for swimming in the sea at dusk, when sharks look for food. "I was swimming at feeding time and splashing my legs around," said Mr. Tiffee. "I couldn't have done anything much worse except slit my wrists in the water."
He survived because neighbours heard his screams and rescued him in a dinghy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom