My condolences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gehadoski:
Marek k

Thanks Marek K, I know that this is the way the world should be thinking, by the way this is what islam is telling us to do. Islam is telling us to respect all religions and treat everyone the same. I don't like to talk about religions and politects.
I learned many things from diving, other than go in the water the search for secrets and make bubbles. I learned in my divemaster how to respect all people and treat all of them the same. It doesn't make any differance what there religion are, color of skin, rich or poor, or there spoken language is. In the suit we all are divers no matter what. This is the same way in the real life we all share together one thing called Humanity.
I know that my spelling and my english is catastrofy, but I am really trying to improve it.
Gehad--

Hey, your English is a lot better than my (non-existent) Arabic. :D

How often do you dive at the Red Sea, and where? I would love to run into you sometime. This July we're going to Makadi, south of Hurghada, for the second time.

--Marek

I go to the Red Sea 2 - 3 times a year, I like Sharm el Shiekh the most. But I dive in the mediterrenean sea every weekend. But there is no comparizon between the Red Sea and the Med Sea. The Red Sea is much better.
It will be my lucky day if I can meet you here in Egypt. Tell me are you coming alone or with a group.

Marek K:
Hi Gehad--

Yes, I figure that was your first name from the e-mail address in your profile. And I thought the -oski part might have come from something a foreign guest might have said... a North American, by any chance? :D

Anyway, yes... It may not look like it from where you are, but there are great differences between Christian faiths... Christianity is much more splintered, I think, than Islam (Sunni vs. Shi'a). The Pope is the head of the Roman Catholic Church. His leadership is recognized by some other Catholic churches in the world, but not others. (That's why I asked about the Coptic Christians in Egypt).

And his authority is definitely not recognized (as you might be realizing here!) by Protestants (themselves split many different ways) or by the various Orthodox Churches in Greece, Eastern Europe, the Balkans, etc.

In any case... thanks again for your condolences. We all need more of that way of thinking in the world...

--Marek

Very well said

gehadoski:
I go to the Red Sea 2 - 3 times a year, I like Sharm el Shiekh the most. But I dive in the mediterrenean sea every weekend. But there is no comparizon between the Red Sea and the Med Sea. The Red Sea is much better.
It will be my lucky day if I can meet you here in Egypt. Tell me are you coming alone or with a group.
With family. My 14-year-old son did his OW referral dives there last summer. My 12-year-old daughter wants to learn this summer, if we can get her medically cleared (she has mild asthma... yes, I know... we've got a pediatric allergist and a pulmonologist/diving physician evaluating her). If my daughter can dive, then my wife -- who hasn't dived in 14 years -- will be doing a refresher too. Be nice to see her in a wetsuit again. :eyebrow:

--Marek

Ok Marek, since this is a personal talk them I will contact you by PM.

Green_Manelishi:
I too eagerly await the end of this terrestrial existance.

Remind me not to buddy up with you. :D

Personally I'm scared to death of dying :)

Maybe if I were as sick as the Pope was then I would feel differently. I can imagine that his death was a deliverance for him but for the time being there isn't one fibre in my being that wants this ride to end.

R..

Diver0001:
Remind me not to buddy up with you. :D

Personally I'm scared to death of dying :)

Maybe if I were as sick as the Pope was then I would feel differently. I can imagine that his death was a deliverance for him but for the time being there isn't one fibre in my being that wants this ride to end.

R..

Let me rephrase ... there is nothing on this earth that I hold so dear as to want to delay my entrance to Paradise.

Meanwhile, I enjoy the blessings of life.

Diver0001 wrote . . .
"Personally I'm scared to death of dying "

Hey, Diver0001, personally I'd be scared to death of not dying. Imagine having to live on earth for eternity watching man's inhumanity to man.
but then again, that would give one a long time in which to try to correct it, wouldn't it?
Great philosophical debate to be had there . . .

Thank you gehadoski for the condolances. I think the pope crossed a lot of religious boundries to bring people together, not for just catholics, but for humanity. This can be seen as world leaders who are not catholic are travelling to Rome. He was a good speaker, was able to take advantage of technology and worked to spread peace throughout the world. The world has lost a good man.

The Kraken:
Diver0001 wrote . . .
"Personally I'm scared to death of dying "

Hey, Diver0001, personally I'd be scared to death of not dying. Imagine having to live on earth for eternity watching man's inhumanity to man.
but then again, that would give one a long time in which to try to correct it, wouldn't it?
Great philosophical debate to be had there . . .

Sure is. I wonder what wars would be like if we were immortal.... :eek:

Being scared to die isn't necessarily the same as wanting to be immortal though. My mortality keeps me moving. I just wish I had more time. 80 or so years is rediculously short. I, for one, am coming staight back after I die. :)

R..

Back
Top Bottom