My condolences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not all Christians are Roman Catholic and vice versa, although the RC church will tell you otherwise.

I meant no disrespect to the Pope. If he was indeed a Christian he is now in the presence of his Savior and that's a good thing. I too eagerly await the end of this terrestrial existance. Meanwhile ... you'll all have to put up with me :eyebrow:

I offer my condolences too. Pope John Paul was a great man to the Jewish people. He was the first pope to visit a synagouge in 1986, and visited israel in 2000. He brought us two further together, and his accomplishments will be remembered by us. He was a geat man, and I hope he is happy wherever he is now.

baltimoron:
I offer my condolences too. Pope John Paul was a great man to the Jewish people. He was the first pope to visit a synagouge in 1986, and visited israel in 2000. He brought us two further together, and his accomplishments will be remembered by us. He was a geat man, and I hope he is happy wherever he is now.

Did you see the picture of him leaving the message inside a gap in the Wailing Wall?

ScubaTexan:
Did you see the picture of him leaving the message inside a gap in the Wailing Wall?

Yep. In fact, I have seen a lot of Catholics there doing the same thing... Also, it's a little outdated to call it the Wailing Wall... We Jews call it the Western Wall now, if you want to sound cool with your friends. :wink:

LOL.....forgive me for being unhip :wink:

baltimoron:
He was the first pope to visit a synagouge in 1986,
Yeah... He was also the first Pope to visit a Muslim mosque. In Syria.

I've prayed to the Same God in Muslim mosques and Orthodox churches in the Balkans. And at my college girlfriend's Assembly of God congregation in Seattle.

Haven't had a chance to yet in a synagogue...

--Marek

My name is Gehad and gehadoski is just a nickname it means nothing. I was diving with a guest and she was saying "oski" a lot at the end of many words. I liked the rythem. Thats why I called myself Gehadoski.
I am a muslim from Egypt. I am sending my condolences to christian people. I don't know the differance between Orthodox or Catholics. All what I know that they are all christians. I respect all religions, and I do respect Pope John Paul.

gehadoski:
My name is Gehad and gehadoski is just a nickname it means nothing. I was diving with a guest and she was saying "oski" a lot at the end of many words. I liked the rythem. Thats why I called myself Gehadoski.
I am a muslim from Egypt. I am sending my condolences to christian people. I don't know the differance between Orthodox or Catholics. All what I know that they are all christians. I respect all religions, and I do respect Pope John Paul.
Hi Gehad--

Yes, I figure that was your first name from the e-mail address in your profile. And I thought the -oski part might have come from something a foreign guest might have said... a North American, by any chance? :D

Anyway, yes... It may not look like it from where you are, but there are great differences between Christian faiths... Christianity is much more splintered, I think, than Islam (Sunni vs. Shi'a). The Pope is the head of the Roman Catholic Church. His leadership is recognized by some other Catholic churches in the world, but not others. (That's why I asked about the Coptic Christians in Egypt).

And his authority is definitely not recognized (as you might be realizing here!) by Protestants (themselves split many different ways) or by the various Orthodox Churches in Greece, Eastern Europe, the Balkans, etc.

In any case... thanks again for your condolences. We all need more of that way of thinking in the world...

You know, what you say is interesting... I wonder whether the three "Religions of The Book" -- Judaism, Christianity, and Islam -- are also grouped together by those who believe more differently... Hindus, Buddhists, etc.

--Marek

Marek k

I know that this is the way the world should be thinking

Marek k

Thanks Marek K, I know that this is the way the world should be thinking, by the way this is what islam is telling us to do. Islam is telling us to respect all religions and treat everyone the same. I don't like to talk about religions and politects.
I learned many things from diving, other than go in the water the search for secrets and make bubbles. I learned in my divemaster how to respect all people and treat all of them the same. It doesn't make any differance what there religion are, color of skin, rich or poor, or there spoken language is. In the suit we all are divers no matter what. This is the same way in the real life we all share together one thing called Humanity.
I know that my spelling and my english is catastrofy, but I am really trying to improve it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom