My close ebay call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

6ave ( www.6ave.com ) has them delivered for $538 (got mine from them last week) and B&H has some refurbs for under $500 and new for around $560

There is an increasing presence of eTheives at/on ebay. Everyone using ebay should take all reasonable precautions with sellers (see ebay help/advisory pages for details). I've personally come close on 2 "scams" on ebay - and that can be a real problem if you are dealing in large $ items (like cars, boats, etc.).
For the lower $ purchases - paypal is a great way to protect yourself (as a seller or buyer).

his person and how do you get ahold of them , its time for me to purchuse a strobe tray and arms rest I have
"I ordered my strobe, FO kit and fish eye tray from yuzo in japan"
thanks ie web sight , phone number email something thanks

Medic...I'm gonna pull my hair out if you don't start using some sort of punctuation in your posts! :wink: :rolleyes: A simple period at the ending of a sentence would be a great help! I know you are more intelligent than you sound in posts like this one. No offense meant.

I think you are asking how to get in contact with Yuzo? His webite is UW Digital Camera

...you have to be REAL careful with eBAY.

Beware dive compressors. They seem to be the newest scam on eBAY, and a very profitable one for the sellers who are simply ripping people off.

I've seen several of the larger MaxAirs with very suspicious pricing and terms. Emailed eBAY about several of the auctions, and some were closed and cancelled, and some not.

Unfortunately I suspect that an awfully large percentage of people end up wiring money or using Western Union and never get a thing. OUCH.

The other "big scam" is high-priced digital cameras and plasma TVs. Both are hot scam items on eBAY right now, with literally hundreds of fake auctions for both at any given time.

Unless it's a buyer I've used in the past, I simply refuse to bid on anything that does not have a picture of the actual item being sold - it's too easy to go to the Sony/Suunto/Olympus/whatever website and download a stock photo and set up a scam auction.

Be sensible - ask questions before bidding. If you don't get a response, or the response is in the slightest way suspicious (eg offering to sell early if you use Western Union, etc) then forget about it.

Western Union is the red flag on most scam auctions - why are people using a money transfer service instead of PayPal or Paymate? Once you send money by Western Union, it's gone.

If eBay were genuine about preventing fraud, they would block this as a payment method. Very few legitimate sellers would use it.

You can pay with a check or money order....

Other than demanding that people use Paypal, I can't see how they can prevent this. And that option is very distasteful for some folks if for no other reason than the fees.

I actually had a guy who bought something from me WU me the money. I was shocked when he asked if it was ok - of course its ok from my point of view, but I would have never suggested it as a seller!

Paypal protection & e-bay's are pretty weak. I buy as well as sell on e-bay & you have much better protection if you use a credit card or Paypal funded by a credit card. I bought an O2 analyzer from someone with a 97% rating who never shipped the item. Paypal which is owned by e-bay was no help! Neither was e-bay for that matter. Disputed the charge with my credit card company & they credited my card for the full amount. A week later the seller after getting 7 negitive feedbacks for the same thing was suspended from e-bay. I try to only buy from people who are ID verified & or Paypal verified on e-bay when I can. On the other hand - I've bought from new sellers with a 0 feedback on e-bay and never had a problem.

PayPal's terms of service state that if you dispute a charge with your card company they can consider that a breach of your agreement with them - which can get ugly, as one of their proposed "remedies" is to reach into your bank account (that you had to give them access to in order to get "verified") and grab the money!

They've done it to people too....

I have not had trouble with PayPal, but there are a lot of people who have.... beware....

Back
Top Bottom