My brother's post cancer news video...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Most of this happened years before I got into scuba, much less SB. I posted about my colonoscopy a few years ago, and I guess I might after my next one soon. He's been very vocal with anyone he can get to listen about the need for the exams. His was caught late and he was barely saved, has been wearing the bag for over 10 years I guess, been thru some hard episodes when he couldn't get out of bed for days, but he did complete Padi OW training after I did - just didn't get hooked like me, and has been quite active since.

This is my brother Randy and Jimmy, one of his friends who helped us so much when Randy had to be aggressively treated for cancer. Along with helping us in harvest and thru the surgeries, Jimmy and a few others took turns driving Randy 75 miles to Lubbock 2 or 3 times a week, waiting while he was treated, then back in the SUV that was modified to accomodate a bed all thru the winter while I tended our cattle thru some challenging snow storms I recall.

Less than 3 minutes long, so take a break and watch it ok...

Thanks for sharing this. I've read that this is actually one of the most curable forms if screened early.

Thanks for sharing this. I've read that this is actually one of the most curable forms if screened early.
Yeah, on my exam they just clipped some polyps they found - benign, but didn't want to give them time to grow & change. The procedure isn't bad really and they have improved it I'm sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom