My Broken Mares Quad Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a 2 1/2 years old Mares Quad Air that quit working, it goes blank under water but still shows predive data above, and the local Mares shop says they’d have to open the case and won’t do it. Anyway I’d like to get the contacts for some private companies that try to might fix it. I’m just hoping it can be saved, if not I still have my backups.

Did you change the battery ? If not that is the first thing I'd do. You can change the battery yourself.

Nick.
Yes, I changed the battery. The Mares store here told me they would have to opened up the back of the computer and they either don’t know enough or are unwilling to break the 3 year warranty. I wish it was battery.

Print yourself up a delivery invoice then grab a tipper full of horse manure and tip it through their doorway

Yes, I changed the battery. The Mares store here told me they would have to opened up the back of the computer and they either don’t know enough or are unwilling to break the 3 year warranty. I wish it was battery.
If its still under warranty; make a claim on that. The store should be able to help with that.

Nick.

Mares... i have a mares M1 that i bought a wild ago, before less than 100 dives it did the same as your quad. First time it happen was during a dive in the galapagos it ruins my vacations.

I still have that M1 i use it as a backup computer. It goes on and off sometimes...lol no worries

in the mean time i bought a suunto zoop i had a problem with two different unit and suunto where nice enough to replace them free of charge.

I bought a quad air fews weeks ago and i am using it now. hopefully it will not do like yours and my old M1 but who knows.

Anyway short story long you should contact mares directly via their website. You write them a nice email and bla bla bla they should be responsive. It did work twice for me with suunto !

If i knew the sherwater perigrine Tx (with a freaking compass integrated) was coming i will had bought it instead of the quad cause of my past experience with mares, but i had a really good deal on the quad and i like to huge screen cause getting old vision is bad

Back
Top Bottom