My Apologies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

got4boyz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Today I posted two polls that evidently were not allowed on Scubaboard and were removed by Admin after they received some complaints.

I apologize to all those who were offended by this, but I had no idea I was doing anything wrong.

Also I'd like to thank all of you who were kind enough to respond to my polls.

I didn't recall your polls being offensive. Did they spark some debate that was deemed inappropriate?

Hm...
I'd like to say I participated in those polls as well. But I'm not really sure. So, without trying to offence any other people, :p could you tell me what they were about again?
And btw, if I think it were the polls I did participate in, I have no idea what was wrong with them.

dutch-scuba-kid:
Hm...
I'd like to say I participated in those polls as well. But I'm not really sure. So, without trying to offence any other people, :p could you tell me what they were about again?
And btw, if I think it were the polls I did participate in, I have no idea what was wrong with them.

I'm sorry, I should have explained why it was taken off. I had a idea for a diving aid and as I said in my poll I was doing research to decide the feasibility and need of my idea. This is considered R&D and is not allowed on scubaboard (I didn't know it) so some members reported me and the polls were removed after a polite PM from the Site Admin explaining why.

got4boyz:
This is considered R&D and is not allowed on scubaboard

Ah, yes, I do remember hearing about that in the TOS. I believe this is to prevent gear manufacturers from using the board as (as you stated) R&D, and keep the board for divers only, as much as possible.

gfisher4792:
Ah, yes, I do remember hearing about that in the TOS. I believe this is to prevent gear manufacturers from using the board as (as you stated) R&D, and keep the board for divers only, as much as possible.

What's TOS?

Terms of Service -- the rules under which you agree to use ScubaBoard.

TOS or terms of service is the user agreement each member binds themselves to when they sign up for this board. The TOS is also posted in our faq section and be sure to check out the corresponding commercial post rules as well.

Tech Admin:
TOS or terms of service is the user agreement each member binds themselves to when they sign up for this board. The TOS is also posted in our faq section and be sure to check out the corresponding commercial post rules as well.

I saw nothing in the TOS or the Commercial Post Rules that my poll questions violated. Did I miss something?

And also, why did you move this post from General Scuba Discussions? The people I wanted to apologize to and thank would see it there, but probably not here.

He didn't move it. I did.

Our new policy is to move this type of posts to this forum. Don't worry, Beth,
they will find it here :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom