My 3XPG Light For Me light review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shorty_diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I was having hard time deciding which hand held light to go with, after walking alleys 100 times a day at Beneath the Sea show this year I found those guys Light For Me represented by TecDiveGear.com
Lights were looking really solid and inviting, since I'm more of a recreational diver my attention got the back ups. Unfortunately they didn't have any 1000 lumen one to show, although I was able to try 380 lumen one - Back Up Tec and that light already was performing better then Intova's, Hollis, Light Monkey and others.

I was little bit nervous about ordering the $200 light from new on the US market company but finally gave it a shot and now I can tell that was the best "buying gear" decision I've made so far. 3 XPG Light is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, weird view of a huge amount of light coming out of that little housing !

I did 3 dives with it so far, most in low viz and still light surprise me.

Very, very good product. I've got third day free shipping which is also worth to mention.

Some of my pics (no underwater ones because don't have housing to my camera yet :)

Attachments

• my_3XPG.jpg
    my_3XPG.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 468
  • my_3XPG (2).jpg
    my_3XPG (2).jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 384
  • my_3XPG (3).jpg
    my_3XPG (3).jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 373
I have not seen them in person yet but the appear to be nice, quality lights.

I have not seen them in person yet but the appear to be nice, quality lights.

yes they really are, I'm engineer in company which makes parts used in aircraft and I can tell that precision, fitting the components and materials used for sure not cheap, nice work not mentioning the lumen etc.

moded GS35 (from SSC P4 ) on cree XML and SST-50 (but with limit on 2,8A) because of ''backup demands - burn time''

I've check it out, seems like lumen output is pretty much same but your light is bigger and of course it's a personal preference but doesn't have that nice technical professional look like 3XPG don't you think ?

I just bought one of these brand new inc the rechargable batteries for 90$ :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom