My 1st Mini-Movie - Kona Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awesome sights...thanks for sharing...enjoyed the conch and the urchin..

That fish sitting on the reef gave you a priceless stare - "what?!" hehe

What and where is that submersible? I didn't know there were tourist-bus-submersibles operating anywhere. Pretty risky operation! I got a chance to dive -852ft on board of this beauty before it retired:

9GPHlu0.jpg

Excellent job! You made me want to book a trip on the Kona Aggressor right now. I have been talking about it for a few years, just can't convince the dive buddy to go for it. Maybe your video will sell him. Thanks! Oh, and the RACE was hysterical.

robin

Congrats on a really good video (as opposed to so many others...).

Am thinking of going fro video for my next dive trip, after years of still photography, hence the following questions.

Re length, you certainly did the right thing in paring down zillions of hours of material into 3 minute chunks and are right in pointing out just much work this is....

Question: does this mean you basically had the GoPro running all the while you were diving? Any battery issues....?

Any advice on resolution (720/1080) vs. fps: what is the best combination in your view?

Did you use an LCD back pack to see what you were doing?

Thanks again for a fine video

Rene

Great movie thanks for sharing.

What and where is that submersible? I didn't know there were tourist-bus-submersibles operating anywhere. Pretty risky operation!
Atlantis Submarines in Ohua, Hawaii

Welcome First Post ever mate from down under OZ country......I hope you enjoy your local waters. Fun Stuff, I've been to Auckland and NZ north, but not OZ. one of these days........

My mini-movie Dive and submarine was off of Kona, big island hawaii, they also run charters in the Caribbean, I think around 5-7 submarines world wide..............I had a job interview with them as a mechanic, for the graveyard shift Midnight to 6 a.m. of sub maintenance for the next days passengers....

Nice work! Looking forward to making my 1st with gopro 2 at st. Thomas in 2 weeks. No lights yet but have filter. I watched the whole thing and my go back to see it again.

Question :Why 60 fps? Wouldn't you get more light / less noise at 30 fps?

Mkhilario

60 FPS = smoother motion, Even the night dive Manta shots were 60 FPS. I'm a firm believer in it for fluid motion > 30 FPS.

Even uploaded as a 3 gig MP4 file up to Vimeo in 720P format at 60 FPS native format doesn't do the video justice when played back over the web as you all are watching this....... At 1080P on a 60" LCD TV off the main Video editing computer via HDMI or disk in a DVD player, this video is butter smooth, yet IMHO still very chunky and stutter marginal quality with the file compressed over Vimeo and the web.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom