MV Yemaya liveaboard to Coiba/Malpelos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highdesert

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings -

Anyone been aboard the MV Yemaya, sailing out of Panama? Sounds like a good boat, but I'd like to hear about any first-hand experiences about the boat, their trips to Coiba and Malpelos, and their dive program. Anyone???

Thanks!

Hi - excellent boat and we have people on her all the time - my US partner Kirsten Treais was on her last year and can give you more if you need it. FYI we do have a few last spaces on an 11 night Malpelo trip for July 11-22, 2011 at a very special rate of $2100 + park fees. Let me know if you need more. Best Dom

Dominick Macan
Dive Advice Travel
dom@diveadvice.com
DIVE ADVICE TRAVEL - Welcome to Dive Advice Travel
"In Partnership with Amazing Adventures Travel of Mill Valley, California"

OK, let me rephrase ... anyone who is not in the dive tourism/charter business, and specifically not anyone who books divers onto this boat, but has been aboard as a paying passenger, have any opinions about the boat or its dive program?

I'm pretty sure the $2100 price is actually $2625.

Last edited:
Thanks High Desert - not a worry - you asked so I gave you the best answer I could. In fact the special rate I quoted is correct at $2100 + park fees. Normal rate for cabin with shared bathroom is $4250 + Park fees but there were some cancelations and so we are able to offer this heavily discounted rate. Our rate does not include Hotel in Panama City priot boarding, nor transfer from and to airport. Transfer from Panama City to the boat is included. I understand you are looking for unbiased feedback, nothing wrong with that, so I suggest you might send a note to the boat and ask them to send you a reference from someone that you feel you might trust. Good luck. Best Dom

As I understand it, the $2100 price is for a 7-day trip, but the trip with spaces available is not seven days ... it is longer, hence the higher price. I am referring here to an August 4 departure. If you are correct, you may be at odds with your California partner ... I would love to know what is correct!

Hi - I understand that the July 11 departure no longer has any spaces at that rate. The August 4-14 departure cost is higher and we will confirm the August Expedition the latest on June 25th, depending on how many reservations we will have at that time.

MALPELO August 4 to 14th 2011
Malpelo and Coiba...LAST MINUTE!

USD 2625 per person in standard Cabin + park fees
USD 3000 per person in cabin with rivate Bathroom Cabin USD 3300 per person in Master Cabin + park fees

Included:
• Expedition cruise aboard MV Yemaya
• Three meals per day, snacks and non-alcoholic drinks are included.
• Dive master service.
• Action-packed diving with three to four dives per day.
• Tanks, Air fills and Weights.
• Use of Kayaks and Snorkeling equipment aboard.
• All land trips during expedition.
• Transfer from Panama City to the boat and from boat to Panama City.

Not Included:
• Park fees
• Hotel in Panama City nor airport transfers (we can quote them apart) • Nitrox

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom