MV Tapana - has anyone been on or heard about it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iforu330

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My friend and I are planning a trip in the Similans around Christmas time, we were originally thinkking of going to indonesia, but decided to go to Thailand instead.

We are looking for live-aboard departing 23-27ish and have come across MV Tapana.
The website looks amazing, and picture from other people's album also look great too.

However, there seem to be a lack of review pertaining to this live-aboard. Has anyone been on it? or heard of it? PLEASE give us some review, since we're considering booking with them :)

Thank you.

I've been on the Tapana a few times (it's the boat I use most often in Thailand) - it's a well run boat, clean, good crew, good price. I've never used the boat's DMs so cannot comment. Food is usually plentiful but only so so to moderately good - in Thailand, only the "bad" Thai dive boats (i.e. old and cheap) have great food! Most of the rooms are small but quite comfortable and not noisy (no en-suite bathrooms though). I would try and avoid the lowest deck rooms (stuffy, far from public restroom - there is a crew shower/toilet on that level). There are four shared shower/toilets that were very recently renovated - usually four is enough but it can get crowded from time to time. Nitrox not available, unfortunately.

I can also recommend the White Manta and Panunee but these two would be more expensive than the Tapana.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom