MV Spree to move in 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
"It is with great excitement that Melanie and I announce we are moving the Spree to Key West full time for 2009. We will make this move in May after the 2009 hammerhead season in the Flower Gardens.

We have mixed emotions about leaving Texas , which has been Melanie’s home for 35 years, but it’s time for a new adventure. The island chains of the Florida Keys and Dry Tortugas allow for fabulous diving with fewer weather cancellations than the Western Gulf of Mexico .

Our charters to the Dry Tortugas at the far western reaches of the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary run for 3, 4 or 5 days, offering up to 5 dives each day. The isolated reefs of the Dry Tortugas are home to over 500 species of fish, plus sharks, dolphins, turtles and waving gorgonians. Join us for new sights and new experiences on a boat you already know.

Changes to next year’s website include the ability to put down a deposit and make payments instead of paying for your trip all at once. An account system will be added to allow you to log on, check your remaining balance, and make payments. You will still be able to sign up and pay in full without setting up an account, or continue booking through your favorite dive shop.

Thank you for all of your support since 2002 when we bought the Spree . We’ve made a lot of changes to the boat and operation based on your feedback, to constantly improve your experience. We hope you will continue to utilize the Fling for your trips to the Texas Flower Gardens, and choose the Spree as your sport diving and technical diving live aboard in the Dry Tortugas, Florida Keys, and hopefully soon, the Bahamas.

Look forward to seeing you aboard,

Frank and Melanie Wasson"

All my best to the Gulf Diving family.
I wish them the best of luck with their adventure in Florida.
They have been a great outfit and I always enjoyed the staff and the boat.

Andrew

I am still hoping to put together my financing for a run to the Dry Tortugas!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom