MV Kon in Phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tommer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello All:

Will make a trip sometimes soon to Similian, anyone here have any experience with MV Kon liveboard? Thanks in advance.

Tommer

Never heard of the MV Kon but there is a boat called the MV Koon which has a very good reputation.

that's it, mv koon, not mv kon, thanks for the info.

tommer

I was the tour leader on the MV Koon in 2000. It was a great boat - basic Thai standard, but everyone had a good trip. The crew were great. Boat was run by Sea World Dive Team, but rented from the owners, Scuba Net. I am not sure if it's still running. The crew are scattered. captain Pon is on the Panunee, Lor is on the Anggun, and Da (the cook) has a restaurant in Kamala Beach.

It's replacement was the Mermaid 2 - more expensive but worth the money. A similar boat to the Koon is the West Coast Explorer - similar design, same no. of guests, also good.

Mermaid 2
Explorer

Happy Travels!

Thanks for all those valuable information Sunrise. This trip was arranged by my Thai buddy, as you mentioned; although MV Koon might not be as advance or glamourus compare to other fleet but the crew and the service will speak for itself. I am pretty positive that we'll enjoy this trip. Are you still in the dive tour business these days Sunrise?

Tommer

So the Koon is still running? I'd love to know how your trip goes. Maybe the engineer is still a guy called Bat? It's not a luxury boat but everyone went away happy on the Koon.

Yes, still in the business in Phuket (click on the little www icon), but more office work than diving. Sob Sob. I've only managed one liveaboard this year.

Have a good trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom