Must Dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We visit Key Largo a couple of times a year and dive with our buddies at http://www.rainbowreef.us/

Key Largo is a laid-back destination where the people are friendly and the rhythms of life are mellow. I am not a fan of big cities and huge populations. Key Largo is an oasis in the midst of the madness :)

I would agree that the Spiegel Grove is a must, simply because she's quite a site to behold! I am not a huge fan of wreck diving, but the Grove never fails to inspire me. My second favorite site is the Benwood wreck, which is very shallow and interesting. It's all broken apart and spread out, so there are plenty of areas for critters to hang out. We have seen so many cool things there, and the dive guides at Rainbow Reef are there all the time so they're familiar with the location of specific points that divers find interesting.

Wherever you choose to dive, have a great time and please come back to let us know how you enjoyed it...

Depends on what you like the most. I like longer run times and lots of interesting critters. Had great dives on the Duane and the Spiegel but like the reefs so I usually dive them.

+1 for the Benwood.

Speaking of shallow wreck dives, I dove the Hannah M. Bell on Elbow reef for the first time a month ago. Interesting and fun dive. More broke up than the Benwood but a nice dive.

I am considering visiting Florida to do some diving. I am also considering visiting the Jules undersea lab.

So, If you could only do one dive in Florida, what would be the top of your list?

Sounds like you are coming to Key Largo. In addition to the wrecks mentioned above, we have world famous reefs, Molasses Reef, French Reef and others. The Christ Statue is at North Dry Rocks is an ok dive even though many have on their lists.

Jules Undersea Lodge is one of our muck dives where classes go when the winds & seas too sporty to go out. Max 22 ft deep, viz 10 ft at best, usually 3-5 ft. It is an enclosed lagoon with a silt bottom. Its has an underwater hotel & an underwater laboratory.

So many great dives in Florida.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom