Must dive this weekend. Need dive buddy/buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just curious....... what is the water temp at various depths in the water column?? Thanks

I will post a full report tomorrow night. I'll be in the 7 mil just in case. The older I get, the less I feel like being cold....

Wow, what massive response.......*sniffs armpits*

Aren't I Mr. popularity.....

At least you managed to get some responses :)

My "anyone going to the Flower Gardens" received nothing more than views. Enjoy CSSP tomorrow. Had I not already had utilized my "dive-time allocation" for next weekend, I would have loved to join you.

Kory, you are still young, but I understand your point......now that I am a grandfather, the water is always going to feel cold to this 'old guy'!! Thanks for the temp. report....I will look tomm., be safe and enjoy.....say HI for me if you would to those other 2 long seen strangers.
I will as God to Bless your day and travels. AK

I will post a full report tomorrow night. I'll be in the 7 mil just in case. The older I get, the less I feel like being cold....

Tom, I saw your thread, but I was punishing you for even thinking about going someplace cool to dive out of pure jealousy.

As far as tomorrow goes, can't you just say, "I'm goin on a little drive for a bit." but say it real fast so the "drive" gets a bit garbled. See where I'm going with that? Trust me, I'm SURE it will work....:D ...not that I've ever tried it....

Kory,

I saw your thread earlier about going to CSSP or Murray, so I didn't respond since we were headed to Athens. That said, I typically dive each weekend. Yes, I say that now and have to admit that I cannot dive this coming weekend due to a Church function and the weekend after that I'm going fishing on the coast....lol. However, I'll be around after that and always look for a safe diver to join us. Alan's recommendation tells me you are safe. :)

Take care, and I'll be curious about the dive conditions at CSSP that you post.

Safe dives,

Cyp

Cyp, I would love to meet/dive with you! A few years back when I started diving, I went pretty much every weekend. The next year, about half that much, third year just a few times, fourth year I think I got in the water once. So this year I vowed to get back in the groove. I need it for my sanity mostly. I now have teens in the house, (two boys now, daughter getting really close), and I find the sanity issue coming up a lot more often now....

Look forward to seeing you out soon.

Kory

---------- Post added April 22nd, 2012 at 11:20 AM ----------

And the bliss returns....

50 minute dive. Surface temps 73deg, 58 deg at 30 feet. I didn't put my hood on, so I didn't go any deeper because that 58 degrees was brutal on the face. Average temps were around 65. Took some pictures of the bass guarding their eggs. One of them actually bumped me some warnings a couple times telling me to back off. That would be like me smacking an elephant. Pretty brave fish. That or he knew I wasn't carrying.

The weather topside is perfect. It's 75 deg right now and I'm enjoying my sandwich, letting the butterflys land on my laptop. Not really very many people out. Mostly classes it looks like. Maybe still too cold for some?

Met some nice guys doing a class out of Scuba Frisco Sports. Which is interesting, considering I had some issues there a month ago, that they made right by the way. I think they are worth another look.

Going back in after some snacks. I'll post some pictures after I get home tonight.

Kory thanks for the report and great photo's.....not many days like that at CSSP.

Cyp, I would love to meet/dive with you! A few years back when I started diving, I went pretty much every weekend. The next year, about half that much, third year just a few times, fourth year I think I got in the water once. So this year I vowed to get back in the groove. I need it for my sanity mostly. I now have teens in the house, (two boys now, daughter getting really close), and I find the sanity issue coming up a lot more often now....

Look forward to seeing you out soon.

Kory

---------- Post added April 22nd, 2012 at 11:20 AM ----------

And the bliss returns....

50 minute dive. Surface temps 73deg, 58 deg at 30 feet. I didn't put my hood on, so I didn't go any deeper because that 58 degrees was brutal on the face. Average temps were around 65. Took some pictures of the bass guarding their eggs. One of them actually bumped me some warnings a couple times telling me to back off. That would be like me smacking an elephant. Pretty brave fish. That or he knew I wasn't carrying.

The weather topside is perfect. It's 75 deg right now and I'm enjoying my sandwich, letting the butterflys land on my laptop. Not really very many people out. Mostly classes it looks like. Maybe still too cold for some?

Met some nice guys doing a class out of Scuba Frisco Sports. Which is interesting, considering I had some issues there a month ago, that they made right by the way. I think they are worth another look.

Going back in after some snacks. I'll post some pictures after I get home tonight.

PICT0029.jpgPICT0041.jpgPICT0014.jpg The bass in the second picture is the one that was warning me off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom