Music trivia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bacchus once bubbled...
Well I dreamed I saw the knights in armor coming saying something about a queen.
There were peasants singing and drummers drumming and the archer split the tree.
There was a fanfare blowing to the sun that was floating on the breeze.
Look at Mother Nature on the run in the nineteen seventies.

Could that be Neil Young's "After the Gold Rush?"

That was quick......

Neil Young's After the Gold Rush tour was the first concert I went to. The warm up band was Linda Rondstadt and the Stone Ponies.

you're up

Bacchus once bubbled...
That was quick......

Neil Young's After the Gold Rush tour was the first concert I went to. The warm up band was Linda Rondstadt and the Stone Ponies.

you're up

Awesome first, dude! I've been a Neil Young fan since the old Buffalo Springfield. Neil can be out there though - check out Reactor. Weirdly cool.

Let's try another oldie. Hopefully I'll be able to finish typing before Sapphire guesses this one........:D

"My heart is like wax
It is melted in the midst of my bowels
My strength is dried up like a potsherd
And my tongue cleaveth to my jaws
And thou has brought me into the dust of death

Sapphire,
Thanks for trying to stuff "Mombo #5" into this old brain but "Combo 5" was already whistlin' around in there. Cute MPG. Seen it yet???

tankajava once bubbled...

Let's try another oldie. Hopefully I'll be able to finish typing before Sapphire guesses this one........:D

What are you insinuating, LOL??

"My heart is like wax

Sapphire,
Thanks for trying to stuff "Mombo #5" into this old brain but "Combo 5" was already whistlin' around in there. Cute MPG. Seen it yet??? [/B]

Sorry, t-j, I don't think I recognize that one. No - I have not heard "Combo #5" ??

sapphire :)

Java stumbles to the keyboard with his first of many Cuban espresso shots and strikes several keys haphazardly…What’s this?! His eyes slowly begin to clear. Astonished at what he sees on the CRT, he drags a shaky hand across the night’s stubble, “It’s still here:wacko: !!” Java stammers. Could some misfortune have befallen Sapphire? Java scrolls up and focuses on the previous message. “AHA!” he chortles. “Finally an obscure mainstream verse that stalled SoCal Sapphire’s speedy song synapses!”:)
Perhaps more verse,
Albeit terse,
Would help or curse,
This lyric search.
I’ll toss it out
Now do your worst….

They gaped upon me with their mouths
As a ravening and a roaring lion
I am poured out like water
And all my bones are out of joint
My heart is like wax

Words are at from end of this song by a popular Canadian group. Song itself received fair amount of airplay. Best!
t-j

tankajava once bubbled...
Java stumbles to the keyboard with his first of many Cuban espresso shots and strikes several keys haphazardly…What’s this?! His eyes slowly begin to clear. Astonished at what he sees on the CRT, he drags a shaky hand across the night’s stubble, “It’s still here:wacko: !!” Java stammers. Could some misfortune have befallen Sapphire? Java scrolls up and focuses on the previous message. “AHA!” he chortles. “Finally an obscure mainstream verse that stalled SoCal Sapphire’s speedy song synapses!”:)
Perhaps more verse,
Albeit terse,
Would help or curse,
This lyric search.
I’ll toss it out
Now do your worst….

They gaped upon me with their mouths
As a ravening and a roaring lion
I am poured out like water
And all my bones are out of joint
My heart is like wax

Words are at from end of this song by a popular Canadian group. Song itself received fair amount of airplay. Best!
t-j

Hey I was at a meeting all day yesterday - no Internet access :( so I couldn't play... but you DO have me stumped here - I am still trying, but if you could sing the tune it might help :D

sapphire

sapphire once bubbled...

Hey I was at a meeting all day yesterday - no Internet access :( so I couldn't play... but you DO have me stumped here - I am still trying, but if you could sing the tune it might help :D

sapphire

LOL!! You really don't want to hear me sing.... It keeps the wolves awake out here on the steppes at night! :D

I'll check in about 1300 with another hint if this is still here. Hi-ho! Hi-ho! 'Tis off to work I go!

Thank God he's not Canadian....

It must be The Guess Who, Hold Onto Your Life

Well, I hit him hard right between the eyes
And he went down, but to my surprise,
He come up with a knife and cut off a piece of my ear.
But I busted a chair right across his teeth
And we crashed through the wall and into the street
Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Back
Top Bottom