Murray Report -- Jan 01

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow! Just read the CSSP Polar Bear Report. Sounds like you guys and gals had a ton o' fun! Cool! Congratulations!

Sounds like you had more fun than I did at Murray today. TxIceDiver, me and a fellow named Maurice were at Marietta Landing. I believe Maurice is here on SB but for the life of me, I don't know what his SB name is.

It was an okay. Day at Murray. The three of us were fine tuning our gear for the upcoming ice dive at Okoboji, Iowa!

Conditions at Murray were not optimum for diving today. It was chilly with a rippin' 20 knot wind NW wind for most of the day. It really kicked up a lot of wave action on the lake and blew everything right into the cove where we were trying to shelter. Visibility at Murray today was not as good as on Sunday - probably about 8 - 10 ft. Still not bad. I just didn't think it was as good as on Sunday. Still TxIceDiver and Maurice were remarking on how great the vis was. Temp was 46 F with no thermocline. No sharp change in temperature with depth either :wink:

Again, we performed the wading beach entry from the western edge of Marietta Landing and shot a 330 heading for open water. Today was another one of those bizarre days where time just got away from us. We only got to do one dive. 55 ft max depth. approx. ~45 minutes for everyone. We actually had three different dive times. Go figure. Three divers in the water. Three different dive times!

Visibility was okay. Duration was okay. Depth was okay. Wave action was entertaining! By the time we were leaving, wind had picked up somewhat, probably to about 25 knots.

On the bright side, we are all jazzed to do an ice dive in February! :14:

I believe Maurice is here on SB but for the life of me, I don't know what his SB name is.

Did he speak of the politics of love? :D

Did you get a chance to put that new pony bottle to the test??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom