Mundane Mukilteo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Mukilteo Washington is a rather bland dive site but for those of us on the North End of the Sound it is... handy. It is also possible to go deep here... very deep... as long as all one wants to see is sand and mud.

However one need not go deep to have a great dive. All you have to do is go slow, keep your fins off the bottom and see what presents itself.

Juvenile wolfeel out in the open at 20':
Mukilteo-Juvenile.jpg

This Sunflower Star was on a verticle clay wall at 70'...
Mukilteo-SunflowerStar.jpg

...as was this Sun Star.
Mukilteo-Star.jpg

This small Cabezone had taken over a Pitock Clam burrow in the clay wall.
Mukilteo-Cabby.jpg

While a Painted Greenling was on look out over by the T-Dock.
Mukilteo-Sculpin.jpg

I'm originally from Mill Creek and my father used to keep his boat moored at the Everett Marina so I'm very familiar with the diverse marine life in the North Sound.

Unfortunately I was not a diver then and now I can only wait out here in Japan until I can go home and see all the fish I used to catch and eat in their natural habitats.

What were the water temps like?

If you get too put off by that "Mundane" site, I'd be happy to trade all the zebra mussels you can fit in your divemobile to trade places Ron. (Once a month even, whattaya say?)

:Dreaming of Friday night crabbing under the oil dock:

Beautiful pics as always

Nice photos Uncle Pug. I'll have to show these to people when, after trying diving during a tropical vacation, they tell me there isn't much colour to see in the PNW.

Wait a minute.... these can't be local. The water is way too clear. Nice try. :D

Ubiquitous and beautiful ~ the Fish Eating Anemone:
Mukilteo-Anenome.jpg

A Painted Greenling mugs for the camera:
Mukilteo-Painted-Greenling.jpg

Buzzards of the underwater world ~ the Sunflower Stars consume anything that can't move away fast enough:
Mukilteo-SeaBuzzard_.jpg

Delicate Frilled Anemones cling to solid surfaces everywhere:
Mukilteo-Anenomes.jpg

If that's mundane I must be the worlds most boring person, because those pics look incredible to me. :D

-Ben M.

ps - I also enjoyed all your Octo pics taken at Cove2 two days after I dove it am/pm for two days straight without seeing a single one. Ah, the joys of being 'THE newbie' (empasis on the lower-case 'n').

pps - Jake did see a 3ft red. I was taking a picture of a tube-worm and he kept tugging on me - messing up my macro shot. I finally shook him off me and in the commotion the worm retreated into it's tube. And the octo jetted off before I saw it. He's still teasing me about our next trip to Puget Sound so he can watch octos while I look at worms.

ppps(?) - Did you get a strobe? Pictures sure look clear. Very nice.

Thanks, but no... no strobe. It would be nice to have... but I'm still not sure I want to cart around all the extra stuff. A friend had dual strobes on the same dive but ran out of air in his camera housing.

Next time you come over I'll see if I can go with you and point some things out.

Uncle Pug:
A friend had dual strobes on the same dive but ran out of air in his camera housing.
Did you practice a free-ascent while sharing air with the camera ??? :05:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom