Multiple e-mails for updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howard, thanks so much! I promise to post the results, whether I get multiples or just one from now on.

Howard, thanks so much! I promise to post the results, whether I get multiples or just one from now on.

I haven't seen any duplicates since the change.

Terry

And I only got ONE e-mail notification of Terry's reply. :)

Or you could just go into your personal settings and change it so you do not get any notifications via email.

I've been having this problem for about 3-4 weeks now and hoped it would shake itself out.

I subscribe to several threads and I really love getting the e-mail updates. However, I get from 2-6 of the same e-mail each time a thread updates. It doesn't appear to be a problem with my Yahoo! mail because no other services I subscribe to "hiccup" and cause multiples. I haven't seen anyone else post about it, though.

I recieve the same thing, is it a browser issue? Can someone from tech support takje care of this annoying problem!

Or you could just go into your personal settings and change it so you do not get any notifications via email.
Thank you, Captain Obvious. I WANT TO get e-mail notifications of certain threads. I SIGNED UP FOR e-mail notifications of certain threads. Why would I want to turn that OFF? :idk:

I recieve the same thing, is it a browser issue?
No, it is not a browser issue. As Howard said above, it's a quirk of the board software.

I'd rather get too many notifications than none at all, but I'm grateful that Howard is working on it. Thanks, buddy. :blinking:

I used to get PM notifications by e-mail. Now they are not coming. I haven't changed that setting and the notifications aren't in my Spam folder. Any ideas?

From my sr mod perspective it looks like it should be working.

Contact [user]Howarde[/user] he can see deeper into the internals of the software than I can.

Well, sometimes it's good and sometimes not. I just now got five e-mails notifying me of a single new post in my social group.

I've been having this problem for about 3-4 weeks now and hoped it would shake itself out.

I subscribe to several threads and I really love getting the e-mail updates. However, I get from 2-6 of the same e-mail each time a thread updates. It doesn't appear to be a problem with my Yahoo! mail because no other services I subscribe to "hiccup" and cause multiples. I haven't seen anyone else post about it, though.

I experience a similar - though not as severe - problem. I'm subscribed to a bunch of threads. Each day I usually receive more than one email for at least a few of the updated threads. I rarely get more than three email responses for any given thread on any given day.

This isn't a big deal for me personally. I'm concerned because it might be a burden on the board's resources. Those extra emails could add up to a bunch of wasted bandwidth.

On the other hand, I pretty much only get one notification per PM when I get them.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. I WANT TO get e-mail notifications of certain threads. I SIGNED UP FOR e-mail notifications of certain threads. Why would I want to turn that OFF? :idk:

No, it is not a browser issue. As Howard said above, it's a quirk of the board software.

I'd rather get too many notifications than none at all, but I'm grateful that Howard is working on it. Thanks, buddy. :blinking:

EXACTLY! Ditto what they said. I've been having the same problem for a few weeks, getting progressively more annoying and voluminous each week. This week I got over 40 notifications :shakehead: for the 10 threads/groups I do subscribe to. I notified Netdoc and got the same quasi-answer about a software issue. My eyes tend to glaze over when I hear technospeak so please let us know when it's been resolved.
Thanks all of you behind-the-scenes internet wizards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom