Multiple E-mail Notifications for PM's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We thought we had the solution for this, but it did not resolve the issue. Bear with us as we try another work around. The problem is that vBulletin was designed for a single server and we are using 6. It's been very frustrating as we have tried multiple solutions with no relief. Thanks for your patience.

Pete

I don't know if this will help but patterns often are significant. I tend to get multiple messages from some users and never get then from other users. For example, I exchange PMs with couv and mattboy fairly regularly. I never get multiple messages from mattboy's PMs and almost always get them from couv's PMs.

Wow, did someone upload an old configuration file? All these "same" problems, happening over and over.

Multiple emails, picture uploading fails, what next?

It's got to be something with configuration issues here. plain and simple.
In other words, the notifications are dutched up. I've been getting dozens of notifications and it's uber-annoying, but I need to know when I get a PM so I leave them on.

Are you guys sure it's not a problem with mail program collecting your email ~ for example if using Outlook Express and one of your .dbx folders is more than 2GB, it'll collect the same email over and over again until you delete a few emails to make space for new emails in your Inbox. Worth a check maybe ?

Yep -- I was totally wrong with that one above :idk: !!

Don't know what Scubaboard have done - but I just received no less than 30 duplicate emails telling me someone had posted on -

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ad...cluding-how-tie-your-shoe-22.html#post5397378

I checked and there was a solitary one new post on it since I last looked.

34? I'm going to have to start counting. I delete 5 and get 10 more. It's like that monster with the 5 heads.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom