Suggestion Multi Quote?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Willuw

Willuw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Didnt see this suggested before..
But what about the multi-quote plugin? I see a lot of people here who will make a new message for every person they have to quote and respond to which leads to long, slightly messy threads..

With multi-quote you can click each post you want to quote then click "reply" and it will have all the quote tags in the reply so you can respond to everyone in one post :D

Another way is to copy the text and stick the quotes where you want them...
Originally Posted by El Orans
It will probably have to wait for vB 3.6 where it's a standard feature.
I can hardly wait!

Originally Posted by joystershell
How do you do that? Inquiring minds want to know.
It's not very hard, I don't think. Let me show you.
But that can get very tricky. Always use preview post or if in Quick Reply - go advanced.

Leave out one little ] mark and it's a mess...!

And I still had it wrong, had to change.....!!

Actually, from the looks of it, you didn't use the [quote=name] construct. The "=name" part in there is what automatically adds the "Originally Posted by name" (with the bold and all).

(Of course, I also do fun things like nested quotes, etc., but those are somewhat beyond the scope of a simple example.)

Code:
[plain][quote=yankee doodle]I went to town.[/quote][/plain]
...turns into...
yankee doodle:
I went to town.

El Orans:
Not me. Just thinking of all the customization and additional testing that's need to be redone... :sprint:
Hmm... so what we need are a bunch of underwater laptops so all the tech divers can work on or test ScubaBoard on those long decos. :D

ClayJar:
(Plus, I'm migrating all the data from a dying server to a new one, and it's *boring*.)

I'm on dial up. Same concept- different goals. I'm just trying to get information to migrate from the internet to my lap top. I suppose checking sb during my waiting time is probably making it take longer, but who's timing? Not me!

BTW I was going to do a similar explanation to the one you posted- but I couldn't figure out how to explain it! :doh:

ClayJar:
Actually, from the looks of it, you didn't use the [quote=name] construct. The "=name" part in there is what automatically adds the "Originally Posted by name" (with the bold and all).

(Of course, I also do fun things like nested quotes, etc., but those are somewhat beyond the scope of a simple example.)

Code:
[plain][/plain]
...turns into...
Nah, I like it quick and easy, as long at the message is there...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom