Multi-level Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry guys I guess I totally misunderstood the whole 15' thing, doesn't help that I work in metres and don't have the maths brain to convert so 15' always sounds deeper to me than it is :wink:

Charlie99 when I said abort I didn't mean race to the surface, I meant finish the dive in the normal fashion but the impression I got was that the manual was implying that by ascending to 15' you could continue the dive which I knew to be an unsafe practice, as I said I obviously misunderstood that one.

Diverbrian - hanging for five minutes is this so that you err on the side of safety. My computer safety stops are always 6 metres for three minutes on a normal dive? And my manual recommends staying out of the water for 24 hours too.

I hope I am not coming over as being stupid about this but I am still learning and would rather be safe than dead or bent :wink:

For the average 12 litre single cylinder air diver on a single dive, when you use a cylinder down to 100bar at acceptable air range depths and then ascend and breath off 50bar around and above 10m leaving a 50 bar reserve, would you have no deco stop requirement other than a standard safety stop.

US Navy diver tables. You are correct in saying that Naui doesn't use the wheel. Neither does SSI which use Doppler tables. I have copies of most of the agencies tables and to my knowledge it is a Padi invention, and might I say, A bl#%dy good one at that. I did my Padi crossover from Naui and CMAS and found them easy to use if taught properly but far too expensive. Your modern comps are all geared up to multilevel, but older models are essentially bottom timers. Just check to make sure if purchasing second hand gear. Easy mistake to make Pishy...All diving used to be in Ft and now the metres can be confusing with so much equipment and training material coming from the US. Most text books will come with conversion tables in them. Stay cool till afterschool.
Cheers All Ears,
The Thunder from Down Under,
Gasman
:eek:ut:

Back
Top Bottom