Multi Level Dive Logging?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You got it! The original post was about logging dives, and I'm a bit of a paperwork nerd so I don't like leaving boxes unfilled. I'm also trying to maintain good and safe habits. I've seen far too many people with sloppy habits, (not unique to scuba) in various activities I enjoy.
Thank you very much for the feedback and suggestions.

Cheers,

Todd
You might think about getting a different log book/page that doesn't have a PG box for you to fill out.

You might think about getting a different log book/page that doesn't have a PG box for you to fill out.

Mine has a check-box for PDC - if I can overcome the anal-retentive stress of not filling everything out, it is the way to adapt.... :thumb:

Or just write "Yes" in the box... LOL
Yeah, I said something like that a couple of pages ago, but you're more precise. We all love to talk about log books, No? Then someone says it doesn't matter what you write because "the log book is for you and nobody else will probably ever want to see it. Unless you take courses that require # of logged dives".

Yeah, I said something like that a couple of pages ago, but you're more precise. We all love to talk about log books, No? Then someone says it doesn't matter what you write because "the log book is for you and nobody else will probably ever want to see it. Unless you take courses that require # of logged dives".

It's okay. I made myself chuckle, and that's all that matters, right? Ha ha! ;-)

I keep a reasonably accurate and up-to-date logbook (in Subsurface). My dives are still in the low 100s, so I'm not all jaded like some of y'all. :) I don't think anybody will ever care what my logbook says. I also think that if you're at the stage where you need to "prove" a certain number of dives in order to be able to take a class, the instructor may review your logbook, but is not going to care whether you wrote a correct PG in the box or not. :)

All that said, I have reviewed requirements for classes like Adv Trimix and for various instructor classes (i.e. classes to get certified to teach something) and I could see where having an accurate logbook, even at the 100s of dives level, would be, well, maybe not required, but at least somewhat advantageous. My log was certainly helpful in providing documentation to get most of the Specialty Course Instructor cards that I have (e.g. Deep Instructor, Wreck Instructor, etc.).

Or put NA in the field. That is a standard way to fill in a field when it doesn’t apply. Totally works here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom