Multi-C Cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I assume you are posting this in regards to my CMAS experience in French Polynesia. The dive centers in French Polynesia recognize PADI Advanced as 1 Star. This was the root of my problem. YMCA Silver Advanced goes beyond PADI Advanced, but since they were not familiar with YMCA they equated it with the PADI Advanced card. I contacted SEI and am now in possession of a CMAS 3 star card which is equivalent to the YMCA Silver Advanced. Of course this is after the fact but at least in the future I will not have the issue.

The shops did tell me they would recognize PADI Advanced with a Rescue card as 2 Star equivalent. Personally, I would not count on it and would get a CMAS card to eliminate any question.

HOW about naui or padi advanced

Last edited:
Just silly.....:dork2:

HOW about naui or padi advanced

Jim,
Most PADI, and SEI Diving is what is around here locally, and my local dive shop is SEI. I am actually fortunate that I am also getting to do an Summer Internship at the DiveShop, which I am very excited about. The Advanced Level 2 Course was completed at Vortex Springs, FL... and it was a wonderful experience as well as beautiful scenery. Their is a Open Water Advanced Diver L3 Course that is being offered in August with Tom as well.

Back
Top Bottom