Mules needed from USA - Coz Red Cross

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deborahdelamar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
The Cozumel Red Cross has received a large donation of adult & pediatric oxygen masks in the USA and we need your help bringing them to Cozumel. These are used daily by the ambulance crews and each mask is only good for one patient, so this is a wonderful gift!

The masks are individually bagged and are sterile, so care in packing is important -- it's best to fold or roll them into garments that will protect the bags from punctures.

The masks are currently in New York and can be mailed in batches of between 6 and 14 anywhere in the continental USA. 6-7 masks are the equivalent of 1/2 a Priority Mail shoebox.

There is absolutely no cost to you for doing this. The US charity, Friends of Cruz Roja Cozumel, will pay the postage to your address. Pick up in Cozumel can be arranged if you don't want to visit the Red Cross.

Please let me know if you can help. email: cozredcross (at) earthlink (dot) net

Thank you!
-Deb

Last edited:
I'll be going in June. If these masks, or other medical supplies, need to be transported, I will glady do it.

There are 600 masks, so it will take a while to get them all down here. And there is usually something waiting for transport from the USA, so we're always grateful for offers of help at any time. Every item we receive is lightweight and easy to pack and none have needles or require an Rx -- though the last bit is subject to change if MX Customs reinstates our permission to import those products.

Hi Deb, will they send some to Canada? I have a lot of room to bring stuff. My dive dear is on Coz so I always pack humanitarian stuff to take down. I am leaving Feb 14, my Deb is leaving March1 for Coz. We both will have a suitcase to fill so If they want to send enough to fill the bags then pm me for our address. I hope I can be of service, seeya, kevin

I will be headed to Coz on September 10th. If you still have medical supplies that need transport I would be happy to help.

Aaron

Coming down in March so we can bring some down. E-mail sent.

We are coming down in February - happy to bring some.

As long as parcels are shipped via USPS to Canada from the States then the parcels bypass the customs brokers. If they ship via couriers then issues happen in delays and ridiculous broker fees. I rarely have anything that takes longer than two weeks to get to me from the U.S.
My wife works for Canadian Blood Services, maybe they can send it to her office.

Back
Top Bottom