muck diving liveaboard trip next year...need advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I prefer muck diving and are looking at the liveaboards for next year. We already have done dives with whale sharks,mantas etc and prefer to stick mostly with muck diving.

Plus we are not fans of strong currents or dives that require reef hooks, I take longer to equalize my ears than most. I almost popped my eardrums a few times when the current took me down.

So we would like to know which area is better for macro/muck, South Visayas, Bohol, southern leyte, batangas-coron, tubbataha reef or Malapascua-Cebu???

If you're looking for the best muck diving in the Philippines I'd stick with Anilao or Dauin (Dumaguatte), it's probably better to consider a resort stay over a liveaboard trip also? I don't know of any Philippine liveaboards that really focus on muck diving?

I'd also say Malapascua is worth considering if you want something in addition to the muck dives.

One to avoid if you are looking for critters is Tubbataha Reef, it's great diving but it's mainly walls with sharks.mantas and currents.

I'd probably suggest a trip to Anilao and maybe a few days in either Puerto Galera or Dauin, the liveaboard trip may have 1 or 2 much dives but the rest almost certainly won't be around the muck.

I agree you would probablly be better served by doing resort based diving.. You can do a little more research on this board to help you determine what would classify as the "best muck" for you and your wife..

Cheers,
Roger

I will second southern Leyte, ghost town and padre burgos pier are fantastic dive sites for muck. The pier is filled with crazy stuff incl seahorses galore and stargazers. There is also a site there called little lembeh, which is great. Sea moths, robusts, ornates, seahorses, wonderpus, mimics and hairy octopus!!
Not been to anilao but heard its great, and lots of nudis there too!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom