Mt. Storm update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steelsaint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was diving today with friends from East Coast Divers at Mt. Storm. Here's the update: Water temperature was 55 degrees at the 50' platform. Visibility was what it normally is and without the sun we were using flashlights at 45' down. The outside temp. was 45 degrees and with the wind blowing it made it even worse. After we were done at 3pm the sun came out and the wind stopped, go figure. What else would you expect from the Storm.

Corrine and I were up there today. We went up early cooked breakfast, Then did 2 dives and cooked lunch. Air temps in the high 40s, water temps at 117' 53, at 50' 55. Like you said if it hadn't been for the wind, it would have been really nice. As it was it was a little brisk, but not bad. It didn't look like the powerplant was running, smoke out of one big stack, but none of the small stacks on the building.

Though you were there a day after it seems it was a bit warmer than on Saturday. My bud and I were there and went to 98ft off to the right of the platform at 90 and it was 52 degrees. The viz was actually better then normal at that depth. The question that I always ask when we are down ther and especially at this time of year is WHY. Now I have my own answer(Called the ZEN of diving) and the old we do it for training and skill perfection, but really why? I have begun to believe we are not normal....lol

I've given up tring to justify it even to myself, I just do it. Your probably right,a little crazy. But, what the heck it's fun!!!

Yeah I always wonder to myself why I am going to Storm as I drive up. I typically play reggae and bring some Kalik to drink after the dive. Then it at least feels tropical. Till 40 degree air and 50 degree water with no viz hit you.

Back
Top Bottom