Mt Storm and scuba? Conflicting information needs clarifying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been e-mailing rich at carl.r.ford@dom.com
He seems receptive to the idea of having an area roped off for shore diving.
If you are interested in opening the lake for diving you may want to send a positive
e-mail to him.

bill

Recent meetings with Mr. Ford, as recent as Sept. (2012) leads me to believe that he is very supportive of efforts to allow diving from the shore at Mt. Storm. He is very supportive of public safety divers in particular. He does have ideas of how things can be worked out.

Having said that, I was present at another meeting about Mt. storm lake with DNR, who lease the 4+ acre lot. They are not nearly as supportive and would just as soon see things continue as they are.
I have written letters to the Governor, as has been suggested. I don't know what good any of these things will do, my gut feeling is "not much", but I think that's about all that is left.

At best, I don't see shore diving at Mt. storm restored in any kind of timely manner. It could be months, at best, but my fear is years, if ever.

Billbb mentioned that "Rich" at Dominion seems very helpful and that respectful emails may be beneficial.
I believe that Rich IS sincere in his efforts to help restore shore diving to Mt. Storm
but I also do not believe that he has any immediate say in seeing that done. Based on my involvement
in the meetings I've attended, it seems to me that it's ALL DNR that keeping shore diving
Prohibited there.

I believe, in time, given all the stars aligning shore diving will be restored at Mt. Storm...possibly
in another location and clearly NO time soon and not without additional efforts on the
Part of divers keeping the issue alive.

Wasn't there a petition? What happened with it?

Back
Top Bottom