MS Dive Shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surfdwn

Reaction score
I live in Meridian, MS and like to dive in the Destin area. Does anyone know of any dive shops in my area. Hattiesburg maybe? I've got a couple of tanks that need the yearly inspection and there is no local shop.

David Nolen

David,

I know (I think) there are two shops in Hattiesburg. I know there is one here in Jackson and even one in Starkville, but that's almost going out of your way.

<shameless plug> I know there are a few sites listed at http://www.msscuba.com I believe Craig works/helps one in Hattiesburg. </shameless lug>

Hope this helps,

Michael

Deep South Scuba in Jackson off of County Line Road. Call Carla @ 601-957-DIVE

Meridian is tough! I've thought of joining the fire department just so I could get fills! Would you consider opening a dive shop?

surfdwn:
I live in Meridian, MS and like to dive in the Destin area. Does anyone know of any dive shops in my area. Hattiesburg maybe? I've got a couple of tanks that need the yearly inspection and there is no local shop.

David Nolen

I stopped by one in Hattiesburg last year... I think the name was Sea Urchins, but not positive. The fella that ran the place seemed really nice. It's a couple of blocks east of I-59 and a block north of Hardy street, if I remember correctly - I've slept since then, so check the yellow pages for Hattiesburg to be sure. Hope this helps

eanxgirl:
Meridian is tough! I've thought of joining the fire department just so I could get fills! Would you consider opening a dive shop?
Greetings from Nashville, TN!

I was born in Meridian, MS back in 1960... When I was growing up, a friend of mine had a backpacking and watersports shop called Base Camp.... He later opened a NAUI shop there, but it didn't make it long...

Are there many divers down there?

Good luck, and hope to meet you all sometime... I do come back from time to time.... My mother, brother and his family live out at Dalewood on the small lake....

Randy

Hi David...you have Deep South in Ridgeland and Sea Urchins in Hattiesburg. Would Birmingham be nearer to you? Bob

Hattiesburg is fairly close and my wife works in that area often. I moved here from Decatur, AL which ahd a wonderful shop and I miss the convenience.

Thanks for the help!

David Nolen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom